Bullnose Forums

New project truck- 1980 F100

Blacktop

different brake calipers, and different rear brake cylinders.

I knew the calipers were different but I did not know the rear wheel cyl were :nabble_anim_confused:

Then again I may have only looked up the bore size of both the not the part numbers?

Thinking if the bore sizes between all parts, power & non-power, were the same I would be ok to use the power brake booster & master with the manual brake parts at the wheels:nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

Yes, if the bore sizes are the same then I think you'd be ok. But I don't know how to tell bore sizes, just part numbers.

Yes, if the bore sizes are the same then I think you'd be ok. But I don't know how to tell bore sizes, just part numbers.

Wow, thank you Dave and Gary for the indepth info. This is what makes this forum such a goldmine for someone like me.

I guess my easiest option is to ditch the brake swop idea and just source another set of wheels in the smaller bolt pattern. Its right what people say, KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid.

🤣

Many thanks again guys👍

Alan.

Yea the Ford parts info may not say but the on line parts stores do for the most part and what I went by.

Look up each part for each truck on many sites taking down part numbers and sizes to compare to make sure it would work before jumping of just bolting on the booster / master.

I think it works as the truck stops and at time pretty quickly when needed!

One thing I just now thought of what master / booster is used with the larger brake parts like on my truck?

I am sure they had power brakes with the larger brakes and at some point I may look deeper into it.

Dont fix what aint broke

Dave ----

Wow, thank you Dave and Gary for the indepth info. This is what makes this forum such a goldmine for someone like me.

I guess my easiest option is to ditch the brake swop idea and just source another set of wheels in the smaller bolt pattern. Its right what people say, KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid.

🤣

Many thanks again guys👍

Alan.

Your welcome glad to help before you went through what I did :nabble_anim_crazy:

That is why I know first hand you cant mix n match the 2 systems that way.

Unless you were to swap the whole front suspension the larger WBP will not happen

As for the rear I dont know if you can just swap axle shafts to the larger WBP or if the backing plates need to be swapped also?

Now that I think of it the larger WBP also has larger shoes so the backing plate would most likely need to be swapped too.

So yes KISS would be the best route and just get the smaller WBP wheels.

Dave ----

🤣

Many thanks again guys👍

Alan.

I agree - KISS! And happy we could help. :nabble_smiley_wink: