Bullnose Forums

My first car show ever

rcarlisle

I've toyed with trying to force notifications to be enabled on threads where we've posted. Doesn't make sense that we can post and then not be notified that someone replied. Will work on that, but after we migrate to the new servers and I sort out all the problems that creates.

Sunday I put about 70 miles on the truck running back n forth a few towns away for a fund raiser for the pet foster group we are members of. I had 3 canopies and some folding chairs they needed to use.

I have a show Saturday next town over, its the next street over from where I bought the body supplies & paint for the truck, that is if I dont have to work.

Before I used the truck Sunday I gave it a quick wash so I will not use it this week before the show if I can help it.

As for use or not and how fast it rusts I think it depends where you live and when it is driven.

I had a car that went into inside (non-heated) storage just before Halloween because of egging and did not come out till after the snow season (April) was gone.

I would use it a little on the street then went on the car trailer to go drag racing on weekends.

I would wash the tow truck & car the night before, to to the track 2+ hours 1 way, race and 2+ hours back.

It then sat till the next weekend to do it all over again.

There is not a lot left of the car, a lot of rust. I think this is because water would sit in the body panels and do its thing. If you wash your car or truck and then drive it every day the air moves around to dry it out.

On my truck the only really place the water can sit is in the doors and I know the drains arebig and open and I drive it right after its washed. It is also a lot hotter down here and that helps bake any water that may be hiding so I fell better it will not rust here like thecar did.

Just my .02

Dave ----

I've toyed with trying to force notifications to be enabled on threads where we've posted. Doesn't make sense that we can post and then not be notified that someone replied. Will work on that, but after we migrate to the new servers and I sort out all the problems that creates.

I'm not sure any of hte forums I'm on do notifications automatically unless you set it in your profile. Good luck sorting that out. I'm not sure I got notifications still. That would fall under my own fault though.

EDIT: I am getting notifications. Duh.

Sunday I put about 70 miles on the truck running back n forth a few towns away for a fund raiser for the pet foster group we are members of. I had 3 canopies and some folding chairs they needed to use.

I have a show Saturday next town over, its the next street over from where I bought the body supplies & paint for the truck, that is if I dont have to work.

Before I used the truck Sunday I gave it a quick wash so I will not use it this week before the show if I can help it.

As for use or not and how fast it rusts I think it depends where you live and when it is driven.

I had a car that went into inside (non-heated) storage just before Halloween because of egging and did not come out till after the snow season (April) was gone.

I would use it a little on the street then went on the car trailer to go drag racing on weekends.

I would wash the tow truck & car the night before, to to the track 2+ hours 1 way, race and 2+ hours back.

It then sat till the next weekend to do it all over again.

There is not a lot left of the car, a lot of rust. I think this is because water would sit in the body panels and do its thing. If you wash your car or truck and then drive it every day the air moves around to dry it out.

On my truck the only really place the water can sit is in the doors and I know the drains arebig and open and I drive it right after its washed. It is also a lot hotter down here and that helps bake any water that may be hiding so I fell better it will not rust here like thecar did.

Just my .02

Dave ----

Makes sense to me. Only real rust on mine is the cab corners and those aren't noticeable unless you know to look. And front corner of driver's fender, which has bondo in it anyway. I think truck was hit on that corner at some point.

I'm not sure any of hte forums I'm on do notifications automatically unless you set it in your profile. Good luck sorting that out. I'm not sure I got notifications still. That would fall under my own fault though.

In my way of thinking, if you create a thread/topic or post on one you should be automagically subscribed. Why wouldn't you want to know if someone posted on your thread or replied to your post?

I spent some time a few months ago trying to make that happen, but gave up for some reason. And right now I'm trying to get us migrated to the new servers, which is at a higher priority level than subscriptions. But once we are moved and I put out the fires that creates then I hope to go tilt at the subscriptions windmill again.

In my way of thinking, if you create a thread/topic or post on one you should be automagically subscribed. Why wouldn't you want to know if someone posted on your thread or replied to your post?

I spent some time a few months ago trying to make that happen, but gave up for some reason. And right now I'm trying to get us migrated to the new servers, which is at a higher priority level than subscriptions. But once we are moved and I put out the fires that creates then I hope to go tilt at the subscriptions windmill again.

Gary, you definitely have a lot to do and do it well. Carry on good sir.