Bullnose Forums

Fuel door dimensions - '84 Styleside Long Bed

BigBrother-84

Hi,

We rebuilt the bed with new lateral panels. Fortunately, fuel door of the new bed panel is exactly the same size as my original one. BUT, my door itself is not in perfect shape, so we had to repair it, and I still search for a very nice condition one. I simply do not find the good one! Never the same size, '79 square one is bit too small, and '84 does not fit, too large and rectangle shape.

I went to the scrap yard, they have couple of old f-series, there is no door as mine. I even ordered two different models from LMC, no luck.

My gas door is 6 3/8" large x 6 1/8" high. It is completely flat, the "finger hole" is on the bed side.

The gas filler components are very similar to the 73-79 assembly, the plastic Filler Door Housing is identical... but the door is not good dimensions (see LMC diagram below, 1973-79 Gas Filler Components).

Any idea?

section-image-610246e8ebeba4.png.912385aaf267a642e646596be82ca2d6.png

IMG_3646.jpg.8ecc60187c2c61f4243e40a7da1ba99f.jpg

You are just looking for the door, not the plastic inside? I have this one spare that you can have for the shipping.

This is exactly what I am looking for!

I already got the plastic inner "boot", identical to my original one.

But I was desperate about the door, not knowing precisely what year or model it was. And, believe it or not, yours is the exact same colour as the original manufacture paint BigBro was (Light Desert Tan).

Just indicate me how to proceed, this fuel door will have a second life!

Thanks so much! I hope that some day, I will be able to do the same for other members. When this restoration will be completed, sure it is that I will have some good spare parts (and experience) to share with Bullnose lovers.

BTW, I’ve got the original 1984 sales brochure, which I scanned. Do you have a kind of "library" where to share our Bullnose documents, diagrams, mechanical books, etc? I have couple of good quality PDF literature I could share with friends.

But I was desperate about the door, not knowing precisely what year or model it was. And, believe it or not, yours is the exact same colour as the original manufacture paint BigBro was (Light Desert Tan).

Thanks so much! I hope that some day, I will be able to do the same for other members. When this restoration will be completed, sure it is that I will have some good spare parts (and experience) to share with Bullnose lovers.

BTW, I’ve got the original 1984 sales brochure, which I scanned. Do you have a kind of "library" where to share our Bullnose documents, diagrams, mechanical books, etc? I have couple of good quality PDF literature I could share with friends.

Good to hear you found a gas door that is what is so nice of this site.

BTW the door is not flat it is bowed a little

20180429_120013.jpg.77c78bdc489a40b5265ee5a2de32a713.jpg

The bottom dark door is for a flare side, the top light color door is from a style side and you car see they are different.

The size is also different the style side being a little smaller up & down.

20180429_115955.jpg.d1250b33c8079da169a1aae97d7a35f6.jpg

The bolt mounting holes are also different

20180429_115916.jpg.781ed22897d8f897b22880576fce6fce.jpg

Being the mounting holes are different the plastic "box" behind is also different to match the holes.

Thought because its a fuel / gas door thought is best to put this in here if someone is looking for this info.

I also think but not 100% sure the "finger holes" changed from the bed to the door over the years so might need to check that if someone is looking for gas door parts.

Dave ----

I'll be happy to ship it to you and then you reimburse me for shipping, which won't be cheap to Canada. You can either use Paypal or send me a check, but I use Paypal all the time.

Two ways to email me your address:

• Click on my name and then click on Send Email to Gary Lewis and follow the directions. However, that system is broken such that it appears that the message didn't go. But it usually does. Just tick the box that says "Send a copy of this message to me" and you'll see it does.

• Go to About in the menu above and then scroll down to find the Contact Me form.

As for the literature, we do have some of the '84 sales brochures on site. Go to Documentation/Manuals & Literature and you'll see what we have. If you have something we don't have let's talk about that.

I'll be happy to ship it to you and then you reimburse me for shipping, which won't be cheap to Canada. You can either use Paypal or send me a check, but I use Paypal all the time.

Two ways to email me your address:

• Click on my name and then click on Send Email to Gary Lewis and follow the directions. However, that system is broken such that it appears that the message didn't go. But it usually does. Just tick the box that says "Send a copy of this message to me" and you'll see it does.

• Go to About in the menu above and then scroll down to find the Contact Me form.

As for the literature, we do have some of the '84 sales brochures on site. Go to Documentation/Manuals & Literature and you'll see what we have. If you have something we don't have let's talk about that.

Did you get my suggestions on how to contact me?