Bullnose Forums

SEM Colorants

Pete - Do you know what Bullnose colors they have? Is there a way to figure that out like I did on the SEM colors? I'm not pushing SEM, but that's the only match info that I have.

Speaking of color matching - what is the best way to figure out just what color combo you have? (Paint and interior trim). I think there were 3 different reds the year my truck went into production.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of color matching - what is the best way to figure out just what color combo you have? (Paint and interior trim). I think there were 3 different reds the year my truck went into production.

Decode your certification label: Specifications/Certification Label. The Body Code gives you the interior color. But, in 1984 there was only one red, and it should show as "D" for the second character in the body code, and it was called Canyon Red.

Decode your certification label: Specifications/Certification Label. The Body Code gives you the interior color. But, in 1984 there was only one red, and it should show as "D" for the second character in the body code, and it was called Canyon Red.

Ah crap - I think whoever did the last spray job got a light coat on the label. I'll have to double check tonight and see what can be done. :nabble_smiley_unhappy: Located in the driver's door jamb right?

Ah crap - I think whoever did the last spray job got a light coat on the label. I'll have to double check tonight and see what can be done. :nabble_smiley_unhappy: Located in the driver's door jamb right?

Yes left door jamb.

If there is paint on the sticker try a little lacquer thinner on a rag and be very very careful not to hurt the sticker.

That is how I got mine clean.

20151219_192453.jpg.22b9151f212fea7d136018289f4e5167.jpg

If going to paint a panel or 2 it is best to paint them all so it all matches.

Dave ----

• 2 weeks later...

Yes left door jamb.

If there is paint on the sticker try a little lacquer thinner on a rag and be very very careful not to hurt the sticker.

That is how I got mine clean.

If going to paint a panel or 2 it is best to paint them all so it all matches.

Dave ----

Perfect! Thanks FuzzFace - I was contemplating what I could use to wipe off paint without damaging the sticker (biggest concern). Sorry for delay in responding - went on vacation (silly me!).

Anyone know if the stickers can be reproduced so I can replace if I do damage it but am able to pull original info? (Random I know)

Perfect! Thanks FuzzFace - I was contemplating what I could use to wipe off paint without damaging the sticker (biggest concern). Sorry for delay in responding - went on vacation (silly me!).

Anyone know if the stickers can be reproduced so I can replace if I do damage it but am able to pull original info? (Random I know)

There is supposedly a company that will repro the certification label. But I don't remember who that is, so hope someone else will respond.

They wouldn't be easily reproduced at home since they are two-part. The base is just a template that has no info on it, but the clear overlay has the info and info has a tendency to go away when you pull the overlay off.

There is supposedly a company that will repro the certification label. But I don't remember who that is, so hope someone else will respond.

They wouldn't be easily reproduced at home since they are two-part. The base is just a template that has no info on it, but the clear overlay has the info and info has a tendency to go away when you pull the overlay off.

Gary - I suppose if I had taken 5 seconds to search for it online I'd of found it! And lo, behold, I did!

Observe, my brethren...

Not bad at all.

Gary - I suppose if I had taken 5 seconds to search for it online I'd of found it! And lo, behold, I did!

Observe, my brethren...

Not bad at all.

One of the issues with a crew cab, since there is no door post on the front for the sticker, it had to be on the back of the driver's door. Great, until you need to replace a door. Now at least I know where I can get one, I need to see if my favorite MAACO has ever ordered from them and what it will cost for him to order me a new one for Darth. Freedom Ford (now Wynne Ford) in Hampton VA was able to get me a new emission label.

One of the issues with a crew cab, since there is no door post on the front for the sticker, it had to be on the back of the driver's door. Great, until you need to replace a door. Now at least I know where I can get one, I need to see if my favorite MAACO has ever ordered from them and what it will cost for him to order me a new one for Darth. Freedom Ford (now Wynne Ford) in Hampton VA was able to get me a new emission label.

So it has to be a certified collision repair facility? Hmmmm.....