Bullnose Forums

Transmission Cooling Line fitting to new radiator

ckuske

The stock setup use NPT in the radiator and a set of adapters to the flare fittings.

I installed a new radiator in mine last week and found the new adapters included were the wrong thread:

IMG_20210915_231800.thumb.jpg.19bc53c40ded9940443bf3680b15effa.jpg

Luckily the old adapters fit the new radiator no problem.

I have a spare radiator from a 1992 F150 with the adapters still present if you need a set to interface everything.

The stock setup use NPT in the radiator and a set of adapters to the flare fittings.

I installed a new radiator in mine last week and found the new adapters included were the wrong thread:

I have a spare radiator from a 1992 F150 with the adapters still present if you need a set to interface everything.

Ok, thanks Larry, I was thinking it might be a setup like that but couldn’t remember and haven’t got to look at my truck yet.

Need to “look” at my truck as the heater core started leaking yesterday as I drove home.

Thanks ratdude, I may take you up in that if I can’t find any.

Does this seem like it would work?

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/51997/10002/-1

It seeems I would need an o-ring though per the MPC screenshot above?

I stumped the guys at the local hardware store already. I guess I don’t feel as silly anymore. I don’t remember thee being adapters on the old radiator but there must have been?

Thanks ratdude, I may take you up in that if I can’t find any.

Does this seem like it would work?

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/51997/10002/-1

It seeems I would need an o-ring though per the MPC screenshot above?

I stumped the guys at the local hardware store already. I guess I don’t feel as silly anymore. I don’t remember thee being adapters on the old radiator but there must have been?

There are, in all the Ford radiators I've seen of this era.

Looks like a big hex bushing.

Yeah kinda. That is the correct Ford part number so I guess they just made it longer.

I've used Dorman 800753, which also crosses to the same Ford P/N, and has the O-ring in the bottom of the line side.

Thanks all. I ordered two Dorman 800-609 from Amazon, will be here in a couple days. I’ll update the thread with hopefully good news. You all have a good rest of the weekend!

Thanks all. I ordered two Dorman 800-609 from Amazon, will be here in a couple days. I’ll update the thread with hopefully good news. You all have a good rest of the weekend!

What does an 800609 fit?

Edit: it seems to be the same as the above part number.

I only know that I grabbed whatever number I could get off the HELP! rack at Advance when Joe buggered up the adapters on his truck.

What does an 800609 fit?

Edit: it seems to be the same as the above part number.

I only know that I grabbed whatever number I could get off the HELP! rack at Advance when Joe buggered up the adapters on his truck.

The 84 F-150 is listed as compatible on Dormans site. The 800-753 is listed as being compatible with the C6 transmission. No specific compatibility is listed on the 800-609, so I figured since only the C6 was specifically listed on the 800-753, the -609 was a safer bet??

The 84 F-150 is listed as compatible on Dormans site. The 800-753 is listed as being compatible with the C6 transmission. No specific compatibility is listed on the 800-609, so I figured since only the C6 was specifically listed on the 800-753, the -609 was a safer bet??

I'm just glad you've found the adapter that works and you've got it on the way! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Be careful with the aluminum threads in your radiator.