Bullnose Forums

Stock wheels source?

ckuske

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source for stock Type 1 wheels (15x6 with 5.5” bolt hole circle)…

I know the junkyard is a possibility but I’d like to buy some that have been reconditioned, tested, etc

I am looking for white steel wheels that the dog-dish hubcaps go over.

The part number is E7TZ-1015-C

I’ve looked online and stumbled on a few, but the shipping is more than the wheels themselves. I realize I’m probably pushing myself to go to the junkyard, but am looking for any suggestions out there on a vendor to buy from. Thanks!

I would try my favorite local tire store.

I’ll give you the fact that I haven’t tried yet locally - it’s a valid point.

I kind of assumed they wouldn’t in the back corner of the store gathering dust at this point, but I could be wrong!

All you tend to see is 20” chrome wheels around here for cars of questionable taste. :nabble_smiley_argh: 15” plain white steel wheels aren’t in high demand.

I’ll give you the fact that I haven’t tried yet locally - it’s a valid point.

I kind of assumed they wouldn’t in the back corner of the store gathering dust at this point, but I could be wrong!

All you tend to see is 20” chrome wheels around here for cars of questionable taste. :nabble_smiley_argh: 15” plain white steel wheels aren’t in high demand.

I agree with the 20” wheels and such, but I’ve had good luck with my tire store.

When I got the Bronco exhaust done I was looking at the huge exhaust pieces he had and laughed and said must be a reason you have all of these. He smiled, shrugged and said they sell.

I agree with the 20” wheels and such, but I’ve had good luck with my tire store.

When I got the Bronco exhaust done I was looking at the huge exhaust pieces he had and laughed and said must be a reason you have all of these. He smiled, shrugged and said they sell.

One of these day I have to get off my butt and find a stock steel 15" wheel in the 5.5 pattern for a spare.

I never gave a thought of the many used tire stores we have around here.

If I get out of work early one day I will have to hit them on the way home.

If there is 1 there has to be 6! And that is not counting the new tire stores.

Dave ----

I’ll still look local, but these seem to meet all the criteria:

https://www.jegs.com/i/Wheel-Vintiques/939/62-5655334/10002/-1#

The only thing I’m not sure about is the backspacing? I’m not sure how much the original wheels have.

Too expensive, but something to compare to:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154591150944?hash=item23fe59c360:g:iukAAOSwyABhLisL

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.f030e08c1480e9de45b49a3e8bf69fe7.jpg

I have not ordered anything from them but I enjoy looking at this site www.originalwheels.com

they should have exactly what you want

I have 4 available...

IMG_3748.jpg.840032383d43aa209e2b2c000ada4a60.jpg

Another member was interested a while back, I checked shipping, can't remember what it was now, wasn't crazy though. He has the F100 bolt pattern though, so I still have them. E-mail me if you're interested.