Bullnose Forums

Saved a 1986 F250.

1bigD

Hi there,

I'm a collector of old stuff, dozers, tractors, cars and trucks. All Fords and one Jeep. I found this 1986 F250 from an old friend and pried it from his hands. This friend usually never sales anything so I was surprised when he said he would sale it to me. He told me that I had to take the 1984 F250 also. It wasn't until I got to DMV that I realized why he gave me the '84. It had $1500 in back fees, so its a parts truck. I got the '86 running but was having a hard time starting it. Come to find out it had bad compression and needed a rebuild. Fresh engine is installed and has been sitting awhile until I can sort out the butchery to the electrical wiring. I got new gauges installed, water temp, oil pressure and voltmeter along with a 3G alternator. Hopefully I should have it running soon. I've needed a work truck for awhile. I also cut out the old water separator and added a new Racor water separator and hand pump primer. I kept the mechanical fuel pump though. Thank you Gary for this site I've referenced a lot so far and it has been a big help!

Davin

IMG_7132.png.b7c301058a7ae0b31f92acfdb8b6d96a.png

Davin, nice to have you with us! Glad you've joined. You'll find everything you need to know about the Bullnose truck here at this forum. Not to mention, some of the most knowledgeable and friendliest people ever. Keep us posted on your truck. You might even consider putting a thread up in the "Projects" section.