Bullnose Forums

Hello! New to the forum

Hello,

I recently purchased an 85 f250 2wd /w the 7.5. As my user name suggests I was looking for a gm product but couldn't pass up such a cheap clean truck. I knew nothing about these trucks and this forum has really helped me out with a whole bunch of diag work to get it back on the road after it's long slumber under a bunch of pine trees. I just wanted to drop a quick thank you.

JC from CO.

Photo below is the day I picked it up

1.thumb.jpg.2f69be33b62e595e19b44b83bd70eb90.jpg

Welcome, JC! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That's a really nice truck! I think you are going to like it. But a 2wd truck in CO?

Speaking of CO, what part? I ask for two reasons. First, because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you if we had a city or zip. Second, because I'll be in Ouray in two weeks with my '85.

Welcome, JC! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That's a really nice truck! I think you are going to like it. But a 2wd truck in CO?

Speaking of CO, what part? I ask for two reasons. First, because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you if we had a city or zip. Second, because I'll be in Ouray in two weeks with my '85.

Thanks Gary, Thank you for taking the time to put this all together. My zip is 80537, a good bit away from Ouray.

Why 2wd? My wife and I are both work from home so we really only need one vehicle. We have a newer Subaru Outback and we use the truck more as a spare/camping/tow/homedepot-run vehicle. They are pretty good at plowing the roads here so if I can't drive it for a day or two no biggie.

This truck was too clean and cheap to pass up. I do plan on purchasing a donor /w 4wd and AC to swap over but that's pretty low on the to-do list right now.

Thanks Gary, Thank you for taking the time to put this all together. My zip is 80537, a good bit away from Ouray.

Why 2wd? My wife and I are both work from home so we really only need one vehicle. We have a newer Subaru Outback and we use the truck more as a spare/camping/tow/homedepot-run vehicle. They are pretty good at plowing the roads here so if I can't drive it for a day or two no biggie.

This truck was too clean and cheap to pass up. I do plan on purchasing a donor /w 4wd and AC to swap over but that's pretty low on the to-do list right now.

You are now on the map. Was through that area last October on the way to Estes Park. Boy, was it smoky!

Yes, you are down low enough that 4wd wouldn't be needed. And that Subie should do well in the snow. We bought a 2001 Forester new, which our daughter still has, and it was amazing in the snow. (But not so good on head gaskets.)

Welcome!

CJ welcome to the forum.

On the AC swap all I can say is look into this deeply as it is not a simple unbolt parts and bolt them back in.

The firewalls are different between the AC & non-AC trucks.

I am one of the crazy ones that swapped half the firewall so I could have AC as we need it here in NC.

Been mid 90's all week and humidity in the mid 90's also, no rain and if it does it just feels worst :nabble_smiley_argh:

Dave ----

CJ welcome to the forum.

On the AC swap all I can say is look into this deeply as it is not a simple unbolt parts and bolt them back in.

The firewalls are different between the AC & non-AC trucks.

I am one of the crazy ones that swapped half the firewall so I could have AC as we need it here in NC.

Been mid 90's all week and humidity in the mid 90's also, no rain and if it does it just feels worst :nabble_smiley_argh:

Dave ----

Really, Wow. Worthwhile to just get a universal kit and find a 460 compressor bracket? Will the evap/HC box bolt up? Is it just the ducting that is the issue? I don't mind running non factory vents in nonstandard places but if the hvac unit (or what ever it's called) won't fit that will be an issue.

Really, Wow. Worthwhile to just get a universal kit and find a 460 compressor bracket? Will the evap/HC box bolt up? Is it just the ducting that is the issue? I don't mind running non factory vents in nonstandard places but if the hvac unit (or what ever it's called) won't fit that will be an issue.

The AC fire wall has 3 large holes where the non-AC has 2.

They say you can make a pattern off the AC firewall to make a non-AC firewall a AC one.

There are a few other little holes but it all looks doable.

They also say if you find a working / charged system that you can unbolt it as a whole keeping the charge and bolt it into your truck.

I did not do either as I was missing a lot of the AC parts from my parts truck other than the firewall that I grafted into mine.

I do have pictures of the firewall graft on my web site in my sig link.

Dave ----