Bullnose Forums

Deer killed my Bullnose... Mangled the front

It does look good. And if it is different I don't know what the difference is. But this post says there was a redesign in '87 and this is the right one for our truck:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n104660/E2TZ_Grill_Emblem_-_1.jpg

In that case, close enough!

Too late to post pics tonight... but I will give a quick rundown of what I did today:

• Radiator and fan clutch came in today. Same "beat up in shipping" issues as with my last aluminum radiator (bent brackets, etc.) Fan clutch was in a Derale box of all things (It was a private label closeout item all right!) and is indeed made in USA.

• Confirmed that the fan shroud is a winner with the new radiator.

• Installed the fan clutch (reused fan blade), A/C condenser, Radiator and fan shroud. Had to trim the upper mount tabs of the radiator and the lower rubber radiator bushings. A bit of a squeeze, but it fits!

• Ran into an issue with the upper hose... turns out the newer radiator inlet is a larger size and 1985-1989 are a different part number (which thankfully is common with non A/C, making it easier to obtain!). Got one ordered to pick up at AutoZone tomorrow. That plus a new overflow hose (or splicing the rip in the old one) will allow me to fire her up for the first time since the wreck (to bleed the coolant).

• The only outstanding parts at this point are the above item and the receiver-drier for the A/C; the front end is ready to go back together. Ran out of time since work ran a bit late.

Too late to post pics tonight... but I will give a quick rundown of what I did today:

• Radiator and fan clutch came in today. Same "beat up in shipping" issues as with my last aluminum radiator (bent brackets, etc.) Fan clutch was in a Derale box of all things (It was a private label closeout item all right!) and is indeed made in USA.

• Installed the fan clutch (reused fan blade), A/C condenser, Radiator and fan shroud. Had to trim the upper mount tabs of the radiator and the lower rubber radiator bushings. A bit of a squeeze, but it fits!

• Ran into an issue with the upper hose... turns out the newer radiator inlet is a larger size and 1985-1989 are a different part number (which thankfully is common with non A/C, making it easier to obtain!). Got one ordered to pick up at AutoZone tomorrow. That plus a new overflow hose (or splicing the rip in the old one) will allow me to fire her up for the first time since the wreck (to bleed the coolant).

• The only outstanding parts at this point are the above item and the receiver-drier for the A/C; the front end is ready to go back together. Ran out of time since work ran a bit late.

You are almost "there", Larry. Well done!

Hope you get to fire it up tonight. It will be such a great feeling.

You're making time on this project, Larry! Next year's Truck show is a bit off so I'm thinking you could slow down a bit if you wish:nabble_smiley_happy:

You're making time on this project, Larry! Next year's Truck show is a bit off so I'm thinking you could slow down a bit if you wish:nabble_smiley_happy:

See after the first hurt of it happening it's not so bad is it :nabble_smiley_evil:

Cant wait to see it all together and driving again.

Dave ----

See after the first hurt of it happening it's not so bad is it :nabble_smiley_evil:

Cant wait to see it all together and driving again.

Dave ----

Another late night... I owe you'all pics.

But, to make a long story short, here's three pics to tell where I am:

IMG_20210916_234929.jpg.d6dd41132d98e8cddee529d7a1adae8a.jpg

IMG_20210917_002606.jpg.979a1adbf9a659db03f27b1f8f9d0be6.jpg

IMG_20210917_002947.jpg.459d7041caa2c0bb94113db9f25200bb.jpg

Other than than the A/C, we're on the road again!

Thanks to all who have helped and contributed... :nabble_smiley_good:

Love a happy ending.

Looks really good!

I'm really impressed by how you put this "wreck" back together, gathering parts from all over the place, and in such a short time. It was great to look at your postings as the resurrection project went along. Brought back from the almost-dead (kinda like "intensive care" in Covid terms).

There were some challenges along the way, with the A/C yet to fix? Given the season there is no rush for that, unless it is to defog the windshield.

Frankly, it looks really good and I'm glad you kept it.

Looks really good!

I'm really impressed by how you put this "wreck" back together, gathering parts from all over the place, and in such a short time. It was great to look at your postings as the resurrection project went along. Brought back from the almost-dead (kinda like "intensive care" in Covid terms).

There were some challenges along the way, with the A/C yet to fix? Given the season there is no rush for that, unless it is to defog the windshield.

Frankly, it looks really good and I'm glad you kept it.

Yep. I missed my F150... Plus the ranger needed some downtime, so getting the F150 back online was a priority.

Been a hectic week and a hectic Saturday (there will be a thread on it!)... hence no pics yet. I'll post some in a bit. The A/C will be later next week as the place I bought from on eBay took a literal week to ship the dumb thing (got a tracking number Saturday, UPS hasn't seen it yet :nabble_smiley_angry:). I also obtained a new variable orifice tube to replace the stock fixed tube with... it's one of the 105+ severe duty ones, as the Advance Auto Parts one town over had them in stock for $5 a pop. I have the same thing (not recalling what temp rating) in my Ranger and love it... ICE cold. Good for a human polar bear like me.