Bullnose Forums

LUK clutch out of stock everywhere. Best alternative?

Done deal ! Thank you gentlemen. CarID had both Sach parts in stock. This is not the first time ArdWrknTrk has pulled my bacon out of the fire, as it were.

A quick testimonial for CarID, whose prices (so far) beat RockAuto, and you can talk to an actual carbon-based humanoid life form on the phone, that offers help to find your parts.

Sachs® - Single Mass Flywheel

Qty: 1$139.34

Sachs® - Clutch Kit

Qty: 1$198.08

I checked earlier for giggles and that Sachs you got is about $160 less than the Zone.

Done deal ! Thank you gentlemen. CarID had both Sach parts in stock. This is not the first time ArdWrknTrk has pulled my bacon out of the fire, as it were.

A quick testimonial for CarID, whose prices (so far) beat RockAuto, and you can talk to an actual carbon-based humanoid life form on the phone, that offers help to find your parts.

Sachs® - Single Mass Flywheel

Qty: 1$139.34

Sachs® - Clutch Kit

Qty: 1$198.08

If you get a chance, please report your experience with the Sachs kit. I may need a clutch for my F-Superduty and I was counting on a Luk SMF which I’ve had a good experience with. I have no idea what is in the donor, but if I need one I would like to know how Sachs compares to the Luk. I’ve heard bad things about the Valeo for IDI.

If you get a chance, please report your experience with the Sachs kit. I may need a clutch for my F-Superduty and I was counting on a Luk SMF which I’ve had a good experience with. I have no idea what is in the donor, but if I need one I would like to know how Sachs compares to the Luk. I’ve heard bad things about the Valeo for IDI.

LuK isn't as good as people think. I've had issues with my LuK slave cylinder and master cylinder in the Ranger. I bought LuK replacements, but when they arrived, I found that they were stamped with another company's branding. Upon research, it was actually FTE Automotive's slave cylinder, with FTE Automotive's parent company being Valeo. So buyer beware when it comes to LuK, there stuff is no better than what you can get at the Zone, which is also branded FTE Automotive. With that being said, my pressure plate and flywheel were all stamped LuK, and have been flawless.

LuK isn't as good as people think. I've had issues with my LuK slave cylinder and master cylinder in the Ranger. I bought LuK replacements, but when they arrived, I found that they were stamped with another company's branding. Upon research, it was actually FTE Automotive's slave cylinder, with FTE Automotive's parent company being Valeo. So buyer beware when it comes to LuK, there stuff is no better than what you can get at the Zone, which is also branded FTE Automotive. With that being said, my pressure plate and flywheel were all stamped LuK, and have been flawless.

Sachs is a division of Zf.

Not that that means anything in today's world.

My LuK clutch seems okay.

I'm using a Ford master and an Excedy SC 886 metal slave (the one with a bleeder)

I put a Luk clutch in my ‘68 behind the 240 straight six. It was okay, but the throw out bearing started making noise almost right away. It worked but I wasn’t impressed. The SMF kit that Jan and I installed behind his 6.9 for the ZF swap was exceptionally nice. It had very good road manners and I would like to repeat that if I can.