Bullnose Forums

LUK clutch out of stock everywhere. Best alternative?

Howdy guys, we have installed two LUK 07-225 clutch conversion kits to replace the dual-mass flywheel that Ford afflicts IDIs with. Both are working great. We also have a different conversion kit from RockAuto in a 6.9 IDI Bullnose with ZF5 conversion, and it chatters a bit at times. We prefer the LUK. So I tried to buy one on fleabay, ordered it from this unprofessional seller named UltimateFrictionClutch who took 5 days to finally say they were out of stock. Avoid that seller.

So now I need to source another conversion clutch kit for a 7.3 IDI with the magic "M" in the VIN. No way we're going with another dual mass. CarID wants to sell me a Valeo. They're another huge icky mulitinational corp in my book, not known for high quality, just OEM quality. I had business dealings with them in Europe.

Would any of you have another suggestion? Below are the links to clutch kits, including the RockAuto one that chatters a little. RockAuto lists an optimistically-named Perfection Clutch for the 1993 donor F350 we took the motor and tranny from. They also sell the Valeo but CarID beats their price. Take note !

LUK clutch complete kit that's out of stock everywhere I looked

Valeo clutch CarID suggests this one instead

Valeo flywheel

RockAuto clutch alone Has changed names, it was being sold under several names when I looked into it a couple years back, is probably a China item ...

Have you considered the Sachs SMF? #NFW-1067

They have a clutch kit to go with it: K70244-01

Sachs has always meant good friction to me.

Though like everything else these days it's probably manufactured in China.

There's RhinoPac 167325, and Brute Power 91200-SK SMF's if you want it cheap.

And always South Bend if you're more concerned about buying American than how light your wallet will be.

Have you considered the Sachs SMF? #NFW-1067

They have a clutch kit to go with it: K70244-01

Sachs has always meant good friction to me.

Though like everything else these days it's probably manufactured in China.

There's RhinoPac 167325, and Brute Power 91200-SK SMF's if you want it cheap.

And always South Bend if you're more concerned about buying American than how light your wallet will be.

Done deal ! Thank you gentlemen. CarID had both Sach parts in stock. This is not the first time ArdWrknTrk has pulled my bacon out of the fire, as it were.

A quick testimonial for CarID, whose prices (so far) beat RockAuto, and you can talk to an actual carbon-based humanoid life form on the phone, that offers help to find your parts.

Sachs® - Single Mass Flywheel

Qty: 1$139.34

Sachs® - Clutch Kit

Qty: 1$198.08

Done deal ! Thank you gentlemen. CarID had both Sach parts in stock. This is not the first time ArdWrknTrk has pulled my bacon out of the fire, as it were.

A quick testimonial for CarID, whose prices (so far) beat RockAuto, and you can talk to an actual carbon-based humanoid life form on the phone, that offers help to find your parts.

Sachs® - Clutch Kit

Glad I could help! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I hope your swap goes smoothly

Sachs® - Clutch Kit

By the way, that Rock Auto clutch kit seems to be for a T-19 because it calls out the input shaft as 1.063"

The Zf is 1 1/4"...

By the way, that Rock Auto clutch kit seems to be for a T-19 because it calls out the input shaft as 1.063"

The Zf is 1 1/4"...

Yes, I was hasty in grabbing that, just wanted too see if they had renamed it yet again ... it was Brute Force when I bought it but a little digging showed it had three names.