Bullnose Forums

AC issue, shared in hopes it will help others

I also just flushed the evap coil and everything else was new.

You guys that cant keep psi in the system how long did you pull a vacuum and how long did it hold after you turned the pump off?

I also had growing pains with my AC system.

It held a vacuum for and hour before I started filling it.

First pain was a bad new O-ring that lost the psi in a week IIRC.

A little bit after replacing O-ring I must have for got to tighten the fitting and lost everything again.

The other day OAT was 97* heat index was 107* to 110*

It does cool the truck off but I think it could be better.

I took the temp prob out of the truck months ago so dont know what it was blowing temp wise.

If I came to a light and the RPM dropped to an idle it would start to blow warm but still cooler than the OAT LOL.

I can not run MAX AC as every little hill I come to it would go to defrost till I let off the gas.

On normal AC it only did it if I was really on the gas or climbing a good size hill.

When it gets a little cooler I need to look into this as it is a PITA!

Good luck on fixing your AC's

Dave ----

“I can not run MAX AC as every little hill I come to it would go to defrost till I let off the gas.”

You have a vacuum leak?

“I can not run MAX AC as every little hill I come to it would go to defrost till I let off the gas.”

You have a vacuum leak?

Maybe the check valve or vacuum motor diaphragm is leaking?

I do recall that Dave had patched the bottom of his vacuum reservoir with fiberglass.

Maybe it is starting to lose its grip on the metal can?

I'm sure those things flex when vacuum is pulled on them.

Not sure why having it blow out the defroster for a minute would make much difference overall.

But I don't have any AC. It can get pretty oppressive when I'm not moving.

Not sure why having it blow out the defroster for a minute would make much difference overall.

Its a trade-off. AC sucks horsepower so with out it you can move faster!

[edit: Mea Culpa! I couldn't help it.]

Its a trade-off. AC sucks horsepower so with out it you can move faster!

[edit: Mea Culpa! I couldn't help it.]

Took the truck out again today with an outside temperature of 86 degrees. I thought I had the fan on high but it was on the middle speed. Much improved temperature here that was rather uncomfortable. Looks like it's holding its refrigerant and cooling fine. Very pleased! Vent_Temp_2.thumb.jpg.688270808ae9d9140462ab5bed6ab3f1.jpg

Took the truck out again today with an outside temperature of 86 degrees. I thought I had the fan on high but it was on the middle speed. Much improved temperature here that was rather uncomfortable. Looks like it's holding its refrigerant and cooling fine. Very pleased!

Good job, John!