Bullnose Forums

Fuel Line Fitting: Hairpin or Duck Bill Clip? (’85 F-150 EFI 5l dual tanks)

Maybe you need to look in the documentation, John?

Yes, you're right. Well, I did, and ... what to make of this? (I'm in need of parts training)

It says to refer to groups ...

Went through the list on the first page and found one pump/sender that will work with the 19gal tank. There is a question about the the one in the top line.

One thing that disturbs me is the aftermarket sales sites have a limited number of units listed so its like a one-size-fits-all, where as Ford is more specific.

The second page has some things I need to check out. Looking for the midship tank unit.

U is a Bronco (utility)

You need to go to the second page to get to '85 5.0l EFI.

-again- I'm sorry I'm having such a hard time getting pics and links to attach to the forum.

(I even ordered a new phone... but "a delivery exception has occurred" because of the impending hurricane, I assume :nabble_smiley_uh:)

Every hour the update is moving west down the shore closer to me.

I really need to get my stuff out of the marina and to higher ground.

What I'm suggesting is to get the specific Ford part numbers from the MPC and then cross them to the aftermarket, like Wells, Delco, Carter, Spectra, etc..

U is a Bronco (utility)

-again- I'm sorry I'm having such a hard time getting pics and links to attach to the forum.

(I even ordered a new phone... but "a delivery exception has occurred" because of the impending hurricane, I assume :nabble_smiley_uh:)

What I'm suggesting is to get the specific Ford part numbers from the MPC and then cross them to the aftermarket, like Wells, Delco, Carter, Spectra, etc..

I'm having a problem with inserting images too, and this is with using a computer :nabble_anim_jump:

I'm impressed you're doing all this with a phone.

I'm having a problem with inserting images too, and this is with using a computer :nabble_anim_jump:

I'm impressed you're doing all this with a phone.

Hopefully a lot of this stuff will get resolved when we get on the new server.

I'm sure there will be teething pains, but at least we will have some control authority. 👍

U is a Bronco (utility)

Thats a huge help! Thanks.

Marina, like sea level??? Yes, very important.

Back in '65 when the Navy sent me to Rhode Island we looked at property in Providence. A nice waterfront house on an inlet. The relator said the water level got up toward the second floor. That cooled that deal.

Will be looking at the next page.

U is a Bronco (utility)

Thats a huge help! Thanks.

Marina, like sea level??? Yes, very important.

Back in '65 when the Navy sent me to Rhode Island we looked at property in Providence. A nice waterfront house on an inlet. The relator said the water level got up toward the second floor. That cooled that deal.

Will be looking at the next page.

4148000.thumb.jpg.792cd034d8385eb421484d2d7966d6a4.jpg

19 gallon aft tank:. E5tz9h307b

19 gal midship tank (133" WB) e5tz9h307c

16 gal midship tank (117 & 139" WB) e5tz9h307d

:nabble_anim_jump:

I tethered my tablet to my phone.

My phone just doesn't play nice with the forum.

Jim - doing all this posting with a phone has to be really difficult, even with an iPad tethered.

So, how did the boat make out? Okay, I hope.

The weather news indicated lots of rain but the good part is the wind wasn't quite as bad, but that depended on what side of the eye one was on.

Spent all day today searching for the right part. This evening I canceled the Amazon part because it Haden't even been shipped yet and it was supposed to be here by Saturday. It was to be provided by a seller and not by Amazon. Went to contact them and discovered they really didn't do a lot of sales, and they had a lot of bad reviews that didn't really show up when I ordered it.

Getting parts for an older vehicle is becoming difficult. There are a number of tank and pump/sender models so it is important to select the proper one.

*Called (very long hold), then sent an email to Spectra but no reply.

*Called Parts Geek and talked to a gal in the US from Honduras, difficult to understand. Think she dealt mostly with Spanish speaking customers. She couldn't tell me the manufacturer of the parts.

*Called LMC again and learned their Sender module is just that, no pump, so that is why it was so cheap. The guy couldn't say what pump would be needed. Didn't feel like doing "some assembly required". It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so difficult to remove the tank.

*Called NAPA and they want over $150 for the mid tank plus $50 shipping, not in stock and it won't be available for a couple weeks. No rear tank available.

*plus several other places not listed. Besides trying to sort though a whole bunch of seller web pages, entering all the pickup information each time, frankly, I'm exhausted. This has been the third day of this.

Not familiar with these part brands, like, what is trustworthy:

Airtex, Carter, Delphi, Spectra (seems good but difficult to get information)

Then there are all the sellers:

Parts Geek, eBay, Advance Auto Parts, Amazon direct (tends to be good for price and delivery), Amazon sellers, Auto Zone, Carid (would like to know more about this outfit), Rock Auto, Summit Racing, NAPA (expensive, long lead times, lack of rear tank)

I'm really worn out. The days are getting shorter, cooler, and now with a bit of moisture. Lots of outside work that needs to be done, including sealant and painting.

Jim - doing all this posting with a phone has to be really difficult, even with an iPad tethered.

So, how did the boat make out? Okay, I hope.

The weather news indicated lots of rain but the good part is the wind wasn't quite as bad, but that depended on what side of the eye one was on.

Spent all day today searching for the right part. This evening I canceled the Amazon part because it Haden't even been shipped yet and it was supposed to be here by Saturday. It was to be provided by a seller and not by Amazon. Went to contact them and discovered they really didn't do a lot of sales, and they had a lot of bad reviews that didn't really show up when I ordered it.

Getting parts for an older vehicle is becoming difficult. There are a number of tank and pump/sender models so it is important to select the proper one.

*Called (very long hold), then sent an email to Spectra but no reply.

*Called Parts Geek and talked to a gal in the US from Honduras, difficult to understand. Think she dealt mostly with Spanish speaking customers. She couldn't tell me the manufacturer of the parts.

*Called LMC again and learned their Sender module is just that, no pump, so that is why it was so cheap. The guy couldn't say what pump would be needed. Didn't feel like doing "some assembly required". It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so difficult to remove the tank.

*Called NAPA and they want over $150 for the mid tank plus $50 shipping, not in stock and it won't be available for a couple weeks. No rear tank available.

*plus several other places not listed. Besides trying to sort though a whole bunch of seller web pages, entering all the pickup information each time, frankly, I'm exhausted. This has been the third day of this.

Not familiar with these part brands, like, what is trustworthy:

Airtex, Carter, Delphi, Spectra (seems good but difficult to get information)

Then there are all the sellers:

Parts Geek, eBay, Advance Auto Parts, Amazon direct (tends to be good for price and delivery), Amazon sellers, Auto Zone, Carid (would like to know more about this outfit), Rock Auto, Summit Racing, NAPA (expensive, long lead times, lack of rear tank)

I'm really worn out. The days are getting shorter, cooler, and now with a bit of moisture. Lots of outside work that needs to be done, including sealant and painting.

Thanks John.

The wind and rain weren't what I think of as a hurricane. But it was quite a storm. And unfortunately we do have a full moon effecting tides.

Honestly, I have been trying to stay dry on high ground and haven't seen the marina since Saturday afternoon.

I had thought Airtex and Wells were one in the same?

It's hard for me to keep up with all the buyouts and M&A by equity funds in this century.

"What's in a name?" It's pretty meaningless to me these days, as every iconic brand has been gutted and shuffled around.

So, unfortunately I don't feel I can speak to quality for anything anymore....

Others might have better, or more current advice.

Thanks John.

The wind and rain weren't what I think of as a hurricane. But it was quite a storm. And unfortunately we do have a full moon effecting tides.

Honestly, I have been trying to stay dry on high ground and haven't seen the marina since Saturday afternoon.

I had thought Airtex and Wells were one in the same?

It's hard for me to keep up with all the buyouts and M&A by equity funds in this century.

"What's in a name?" It's pretty meaningless to me these days, as every iconic brand has been gutted and shuffled around.

So, unfortunately I don't feel I can speak to quality for anything anymore....

Others might have better, or more current advice.

Isn’t that a crock? Can’t trust names you used to trust! Seems it’s a gamble anymore. Irks me that they can’t rebuild a window motor and have it go the right direction when plugged in.