Bullnose Forums

Frame Bolts

You are apparently going directly into the Nabble server instead of going in via the embedded forum on the website. You should go here and probably keep a tab open to that 'cause the emails we get send us directly to the Nabble server and you'll never see the menu.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Okay. I do get the annoying window shade pulldown if I use my bookmarks and I can navigate to the TSB, but for whatever reason I can't zoom or scroll to see the entirely of the second page.

I think this is just down to Chrome not playing well with Word, or whatever those pages are.

But it certainly is a long way around if I get a notification and instead of following the link I have to abandon Gmail, open a browser, go to the forum and navigate to a post in order to be where I was in Gmail....

I'll try to remain conscious of this! :nabble_smiley_good:

And I always have to do this in order to get a link or image from (say) the EVTM's. Because I need to have tabs open on my phone so I don't lose my reply as I go searching for images or documentation.

Okay. I do get the annoying window shade pulldown if I use my bookmarks and I can navigate to the TSB, but for whatever reason I can't zoom or scroll to see the entirely of the second page.

I think this is just down to Chrome not playing well with Word, or whatever those pages are.

But it certainly is a long way around if I get a notification and instead of following the link I have to abandon Gmail, open a browser, go to the forum and navigate to a post in order to be where I was in Gmail....

I'll try to remain conscious of this! :nabble_smiley_good:

And I always have to do this in order to get a link or image from (say) the EVTM's. Because I need to have tabs open on my phone so I don't lose my reply as I go searching for images or documentation.

Jim - I didn't explain well. Let me try again. I click on the link in the email and get taken directly into the Nabble server and do my replies from there. But I keep many tabs open on my browser into the website, as you can see below, so I can get the documentation, links or pics, and then go back to the tab with the N to post. It is a pain, I know, but necessary insurance right now.

As for the TSB's, I think you are saying that you are going to the TSB Index page (Documentation/TSB's/TSB Index) and then cannot scroll to the second page. Right? If so, I'll see if I can figure out what the issue is there.

But, can you not see the next layer of the menu? You can go directly to the TSB via the categories, like Brakes/Steering/Suspension, which will get you to the TSB shown above.

2021-08-07.thumb.png.34d387755b0c6b742d7a8ca64337e8c7.png

Jim - I didn't explain well. Let me try again. I click on the link in the email and get taken directly into the Nabble server and do my replies from there. But I keep many tabs open on my browser into the website, as you can see below, so I can get the documentation, links or pics, and then go back to the tab with the N to post. It is a pain, I know, but necessary insurance right now.

As for the TSB's, I think you are saying that you are going to the TSB Index page (Documentation/TSB's/TSB Index) and then cannot scroll to the second page. Right? If so, I'll see if I can figure out what the issue is there.

But, can you not see the next layer of the menu? You can go directly to the TSB via the categories, like Brakes/Steering/Suspension, which will get you to the TSB shown above.

No Gary, your explanation is fine.

But I don't have a 30" monitor or a desktop.

I usually get to the forum through the link.

If I feel my response needs a diagram or link I'll switch over to the browser and grab the specific URL from another tab, since I can't do that from Gmail on my phone.

I can see the drop-down under TSB's and find the bolt replacement.

But bolt replacement seems to be two pages. I can see the entirety of the first (where drilling and punching out rivets is explained) but can only view the upper left of the second.

I can't zoom or scroll on that, so it just doesn't work for me.

Again, this is probably due to antiquated and minimal hardware on my end. Nothing to do with you.

Let me change over to Chrome and try to get a screenshot....

No Gary, your explanation is fine.

But I don't have a 30" monitor or a desktop.

I usually get to the forum through the link.

If I feel my response needs a diagram or link I'll switch over to the browser and grab the specific URL from another tab, since I can't do that from Gmail on my phone.

I can see the drop-down under TSB's and find the bolt replacement.

But bolt replacement seems to be two pages. I can see the entirety of the first (where drilling and punching out rivets is explained) but can only view the upper left of the second.

I can't zoom or scroll on that, so it just doesn't work for me.

Again, this is probably due to antiquated and minimal hardware on my end. Nothing to do with you.

Let me change over to Chrome and try to get a screenshot....

Screenshot_20210807-122504.thumb.png.a71d9bc68ab7fdefa1a6d28efdd3c82c.png

You can see the slider bar is there, but for whatever reason it doesn't respond (for me)

You can see the slider bar is there, but for whatever reason it doesn't respond (for me)

Oh!!! It is the 2nd page of the document, not the spreadsheet. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

Does it do the same in landscape? I've had problems with my iPhone that way in the past, although it seems to be working well now.

Let me poke around...

Oh!!! It is the 2nd page of the document, not the spreadsheet. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

Does it do the same in landscape? I've had problems with my iPhone that way in the past, although it seems to be working well now.

Let me poke around...

Honestly, I hadn't tried.

But I definitely will the next time. :nabble_smiley_good:

Let me poke around...

Try it now, please.

I don't think that will fix it, but the scrolling was set to "no". I set it to "yes", but I don't think that's the same scrolling you are talking about.

On my iPhone there is scrolling in the document, and there's scrolling on the website page. Just now I was not able to get to the bottom of the 2nd page on that document by placing my finger in the document. But it turned out I wasn't scrolled all the way to the bottom of the website page. Once I put my finger outside the document and scrolled I could get to the bottom.

Time and again I've found out there is information here that simply isn't visible to me with my browser of choice on a mobile device.

Without you as librarian I wouldn't even know what I don't know...

Thank you, all. I too did not find Article 96-15-11 when I searched the forum for "frame bolts."

This is very helpful information. I was hoping I did not have to hone my riveting skills to fix the truck.

Thank you, all. I too did not find Article 96-15-11 when I searched the forum for "frame bolts."

This is very helpful information. I was hoping I did not have to hone my riveting skills to fix the truck.

If torqued correctly, is there a need to insure against a nut working loose, say by using Loctite Blue (243), Loctite Red (262), or even use two nuts?