Bullnose Forums

Catalytic converter delete

Goose57

Hi all, been a while since I been on hear. This truck is my back up. Sits a lot. I have historic plates on it so no state inspection needed. My question is how much trouble would it be to take off the converter(original maybe restricted)off and install delete pipe in its place. It does have an O2 sensor and all the other sensors. Thanks Gus.

I don’t know this era of EFI, but I would think from what I’ve read and heard that no O2 sensor will confuse the EEC.

If you went with no cat I believe you would need the O2 sensor in your exhaust.

I know old post but it would depend on where the 02 is located, before or after the cat.

On my 81 F100 with a 300 six I am running EFI exh. manifolds and factory Y pipe for better flow and no cat.

The 02 is in the Y pipe before the cat and I have my air fuel ratio sensor in the 02 bung.

In my case I used the good exh. from my parts truck (a long bed) from the mid pipe on back and with the EFI Y pipe and no cat I only needed about a foot of pipe to hook them together.

I did not have a good front pipe or cat to know where the 02 bung would be on the non-EFI system.

If you have a feed back system and it may be still working removing the 02 will put the system in "limp mode".

Oh I see you have a 5.0 EFI same goes for it & the 02, might be even worst?

Dave ----