Bullnose Forums

Vaccum

• 2 years later...

See if this helps: Documentation/Underhood/Vacuum Systems/351W.

So, I've since replaced the 2bbl with a 4bll. Turns out, this is not the original set up, as 1986 F150's with a 351W were only offered with a 4bbl. So, at some point an engine swap happened. At least, that's what I'm thinking. I can't imagine anyone purposely starving that Windsor with a 2bbl carb.

So now I have an edelbrock performer with a Demon carb.

So, I've since replaced the 2bbl with a 4bll. Turns out, this is not the original set up, as 1986 F150's with a 351W were only offered with a 4bbl. So, at some point an engine swap happened. At least, that's what I'm thinking. I can't imagine anyone purposely starving that Windsor with a 2bbl carb.

What's the eighth digit of the VIN?

H or W?

Screenshot_2023-12-18-01-21-55-421.thumb.jpeg.ad19cf6de20694470b030192f738bf72.jpeg

since you have changed to an edelbrock/ demon setup, what vacuum are you concerned about? are you still wanting to use the emission and warm up vacuum system, or do you just want to run the truck?

running the truck is simple. start by capping them all. now comes vehicle priority. brake booster, pcv, chassis vacuum tree for heat/ac, dist advance. I assume that you now have an electric choke and that will need 12v instead of the resisted down voltage from the factory. unless you have a mechanical choke of course. it can be as simple as this.

since you have changed to an edelbrock/ demon setup, what vacuum are you concerned about? are you still wanting to use the emission and warm up vacuum system, or do you just want to run the truck?

running the truck is simple. start by capping them all. now comes vehicle priority. brake booster, pcv, chassis vacuum tree for heat/ac, dist advance. I assume that you now have an electric choke and that will need 12v instead of the resisted down voltage from the factory. unless you have a mechanical choke of course. it can be as simple as this.

If it was a factory HO truck he has a 12V choke wire and a relay being pulled in by the stator circuit.

That's why I asked about his VIN.....

OTOH the Demon is about like any other Holley and he could just swap the single bullet Motorcraft choke cap over to it.

But it's difficult to know all these things over the Internet, when in person we would know at a glance.