Bullnose Forums

Almost Final Sticker - Input Requested

As some of you know we've had a discussion on going for over a year regarding having a sticker for the forum, something we could put on our trucks to help others find us. One thread on it is entitled Window Sticker Contest, but it really wasn't a contest as there was no poll for voting and no conclusion, but lots of good ideas and I thank all of you for them.

But with the show coming up in a month, John/Machspeed has been working on a sticker that I think is what we are looking for. However I'd like your input as to what changes might be needed.

The intent is to have two versions available, one to go inside and one to go outside so it can be put in the rear window or on the rear window, etc.

And, if we can find it we'd like to find a printing company that can print and mail them to you - at your expense. Do any of you have any suggestions regarding a printer?

Thoughts, comments, upgrades?Test_Logo_6.jpg.04af5fa40fafb69637994eb12fa9c4ef.jpg

Ok, you asked. I really don't like this one and don't remember seeing it in other posts. The swell in the word "forum" made no sense initially. Then I figured out that is supposed to represent a differential. I don't have a 4x4 so that puts me off on the whole thing. Separating Bullnose from Forum makes it hard to read. All things considered, if this is the decal you choose, I have no desire to have it on my truck. And I do direct FB folks here often if someone hasn't beaten me to it.

The QR code tires does nothing for me. I'm not quite to the point in tech of using QR codes everytime I see one. I know some folks would so makes sense to include them. Wish they could be rectagular and fit in the headlights.

I would put the whole "Bullnose Forum" in two lines in the windshield area. Maybe drop the word "The". Get rid of the QR codes completely or make them a separate item. Put the bumper back on - we're not running gassers here. lol

I don't do a lot of art anymore, but here would be my mods to make this more to my flavor. Excuse the two shades of black - I was modifying the previously posted JPG.

bullnose_decal.jpg.d97e0d39c5a4441c8228335cbda9740b.jpg

Is this to be a cut decal? NO, because no shop that die cuts them will want to weed and mask them. SO printed on a white backer? I haven't ordered bulk decals on a long time, but a Google search should bring up some wholesalers if there isn't a local source. A small sign shop with digital printer might be able to provide these reasonably and you would get to work with a live person likely. Printed, laminated and contour cut around the border. You could probably do a contour of the decal that way. That would be cooler than a plain rectangle. I used to do these a lot when I had my own printer. It's quick money for the right shop. But someone would have to handle the decals. Back in the day an inside print was a real PITA - not sure how tech has changed in the last few years. Might be an issue.

I know nothing about Print on Demand. I'd rather be able to email a person and paypal them a few bucks for a couple decals put in an envelope and mailed. If I still had my printer.... or even if I had a good local source, but I recently lost my decal shop that I was using. They closed or sold out or something.

Ok, you asked. I really don't like this one and don't remember seeing it in other posts. The swell in the word "forum" made no sense initially. Then I figured out that is supposed to represent a differential. I don't have a 4x4 so that puts me off on the whole thing. Separating Bullnose from Forum makes it hard to read. All things considered, if this is the decal you choose, I have no desire to have it on my truck. And I do direct FB folks here often if someone hasn't beaten me to it.

The QR code tires does nothing for me. I'm not quite to the point in tech of using QR codes everytime I see one. I know some folks would so makes sense to include them. Wish they could be rectagular and fit in the headlights.

I would put the whole "Bullnose Forum" in two lines in the windshield area. Maybe drop the word "The". Get rid of the QR codes completely or make them a separate item. Put the bumper back on - we're not running gassers here. lol

I don't do a lot of art anymore, but here would be my mods to make this more to my flavor. Excuse the two shades of black - I was modifying the previously posted JPG.

Is this to be a cut decal? NO, because no shop that die cuts them will want to weed and mask them. SO printed on a white backer? I haven't ordered bulk decals on a long time, but a Google search should bring up some wholesalers if there isn't a local source. A small sign shop with digital printer might be able to provide these reasonably and you would get to work with a live person likely. Printed, laminated and contour cut around the border. You could probably do a contour of the decal that way. That would be cooler than a plain rectangle. I used to do these a lot when I had my own printer. It's quick money for the right shop. But someone would have to handle the decals. Back in the day an inside print was a real PITA - not sure how tech has changed in the last few years. Might be an issue.

I know nothing about Print on Demand. I'd rather be able to email a person and paypal them a few bucks for a couple decals put in an envelope and mailed. If I still had my printer.... or even if I had a good local source, but I recently lost my decal shop that I was using. They closed or sold out or something.

Here it is with a blue contour to represent an outer cutline if you went that direction. A digital print service should be able to include more color as well. Like amber signals. Just to add a little more interest.

bullnose_decal_contour.jpg.30b57cd2c6a975d8326524b6419793f4.jpg

Randy - Thanks for the input. Beyond whether to have a bumper or QR codes, you raised several questions in my mind.

• What is a "cut decal"?

• What is "weed and mask"?

• Does color cost more?

• Cut Line: Is that just where someone would cut them manually, or can shops cut them there?

As for Print On Demand, that was just an idea so no one person was lumbered with lots of requests for the labels. But it is looking like that might be an expensive way to go as shops appear to want to print dozens of the labels in one go, so it is looking like someone will have to be the label/sticker czar.

Bottom Line: As we get more input we'll generate several alternatives and put them up for a vote. But the show is in one month and we'd like to have them available then, so we need to do this quickly. INPUT PLEASE! :nabble_waving_orig:

Randy - Thanks for the input. Beyond whether to have a bumper or QR codes, you raised several questions in my mind.

• What is a "cut decal"?

• What is "weed and mask"?

• Does color cost more?

• Cut Line: Is that just where someone would cut them manually, or can shops cut them there?

As for Print On Demand, that was just an idea so no one person was lumbered with lots of requests for the labels. But it is looking like that might be an expensive way to go as shops appear to want to print dozens of the labels in one go, so it is looking like someone will have to be the label/sticker czar.

Bottom Line: As we get more input we'll generate several alternatives and put them up for a vote. But the show is in one month and we'd like to have them available then, so we need to do this quickly. INPUT PLEASE! :nabble_waving_orig:

Cut decal would mean having a dedicated die or using a laser to follow the blue line in Randy's second example.

Stickers can be scaled to fit many standard formats though.

Like the ovals that seem popular to put airport or place abbreviations.

Weed & pick is having to pick out everything that isn't the decal.

As his shows a simple outline (not some complex line art with lots of negative space) this doesn't seem much of an issue.

Cut decal would mean having a dedicated die or using a laser to follow the blue line in Randy's second example.

Stickers can be scaled to fit many standard formats though.

Like the ovals that seem popular to put airport or place abbreviations.

Weed & pick is having to pick out everything that isn't the decal.

As his shows a simple outline (not some complex line art with lots of negative space) this doesn't seem much of an issue.

Not necessarily a die or laser deal - many printers today include a plotter to cut or a set of registration targets to run thru a plotter that reads those. Everything else pretty much spot on.

I missed my notification, but Gary emailed me the questions and I sent him pretty detailed descriptions. Hopefully enough to help get it rolling.

Not necessarily a die or laser deal - many printers today include a plotter to cut or a set of registration targets to run thru a plotter that reads those. Everything else pretty much spot on.

I missed my notification, but Gary emailed me the questions and I sent him pretty detailed descriptions. Hopefully enough to help get it rolling.

I do like the sticker.

I like the pumpkin in the front axle.

Jim and Dane, thanks.

Randy - I didn't email anything, although you probably got an email from the forum that contained my post. However, you can no longer email responses to the forum because Nabble killed that function, so if you sent something I didn't get it. Can you post it here?

Jim and Dane, thanks.

Randy - I didn't email anything, although you probably got an email from the forum that contained my post. However, you can no longer email responses to the forum because Nabble killed that function, so if you sent something I didn't get it. Can you post it here?

I can't find it in my phone, so maybe it's will still be on my PC at work and I'll resend it. It looks different, so I thought I was replying directly to you in that case.

I agree that the proportions of the QR codes are a bit “off” for tires, but I like that they serve a function to navigate to the site without the square cluttering up the logo elsewhere.

I personally like the words forming the front differential… that’s probably my favorite part of the image but I am a 4x4 owner.