Bullnose Forums

Fuel Line Fix

Will do, I just got to work, I will check tomorrow morning and let you know tomorrow afternoon sometime.

I searched through my stash of holleys. did not find a fuel bowl with the emissions tube on it, but I have another place or two to look. I think my buddy has the one I was thinking about he is checking tomorrow.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bruce, let me know if you think you do have a fuel bowl. The more I think about this the more I'm thinking it may be best to just replace the bowl since I have to take it off anyway. That way I don't have to mess with the inlet fitting adaptor and new inline fuel filter.

Based on the illustrations mine looks to be the Motorcraft 4180C 4-V model. Thanks in advance for letting me know if you can dig one up.

From the parts and illustration guide the bowl has a reference number of 9A507.

In section 95.5 for Holley 4/B for 8 cylinder 351 and 460 engines has three different numbers. I was only able to find one of them but like usual the seller has no photo of the item on their store page so you may have to contact them for a photo.

Carb Part List 5A - 5C / Part # D9PZ-9A507-D (CM-3216)

Carb Part List 5D / Part # D9PZ-9A507-C (CM-3219)

Carb Part List 5E - 5M / Part # E5PZ-9A507-B (CM-4448)

Yours could be any of the above cause D9 = 1979 design date and E5 = 1985 design date.

The one I found online NOS for $44 is the CM-4448 one.

https://btsautoparts.com/products/carburetor-float-bowl-cm-4448-motorcraft-new-old-stock-no-box

Hey Bruce, let me know if you think you do have a fuel bowl. The more I think about this the more I'm thinking it may be best to just replace the bowl since I have to take it off anyway. That way I don't have to mess with the inlet fitting adaptor and new inline fuel filter.

Based on the illustrations mine looks to be the Motorcraft 4180C 4-V model. Thanks in advance for letting me know if you can dig one up.

In section 95.5 for Holley 4/B for 8 cylinder 351 and 460 engines has three different numbers. I was only able to find one of them but like usual the seller has no photo of the item on their store page so you may have to contact them for a photo.

Yours could be any of the above cause D9 = 1979 design date and E5 = 1985 design date.

https://btsautoparts.com/products/carburetor-float-bowl-cm-4448-motorcraft-new-old-stock-no-box

Really appreciate you looking this up. I'll give them a call and see if I can get a picture.

Looks right to me, what do you think?

213354.jpeg.a94b6c5c18ac0527772897a9324d21ba.jpeg

213357.jpeg.58ae171000c62ba17ebf67c584581cde.jpeg

213359.jpeg.81c65e956679423ae83ae8037909e6ab.jpeg

Great, you think I can get the right gasket and O-rings from Holley?

I found one, but i haven't pulled it all apart to check the threads. The accelerator pump screw holes sometimes are bad depending on who put it together. Can check it in the next few days, (been dealing with my sick mom). Let me know if you want it. Have a good day. It would be free.

I found one, but i haven't pulled it all apart to check the threads. The accelerator pump screw holes sometimes are bad depending on who put it together. Can check it in the next few days, (been dealing with my sick mom). Let me know if you want it. Have a good day. It would be free.

Thanks a lot, Bruce and sorry to hear about your mom. I'll go ahead and order the one Rusty found and save you the trouble of taking it apart and shipping. If the one I order doesn't work I may take you up on that offer, but more likely I'll be so frustrated by that point that I blow money on a whole new carb lol.