Bullnose Forum

Fuel Line Fix

Don't quote me on that.

It was a decade ago, and my thinker isn't nearly as sharp as it used to be.

I am trying to poke around at Dorman.

I'm not sure if they even list the fitting I used anymore.

The more I think about it, the more I think it was a 1" thread, and I used the #55140

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-2468-55140.aspx

You can check the thread OD with a caliper or just an adjustable wrench and a rule.

Wish I could be more help.

Maybe Bill knows for sure?

The more I think about it, the more I think it was a 1" thread, and I used the #55140

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-2468-55140.aspx

You can check the thread OD with a caliper or just an adjustable wrench and a rule.

Wish I could be more help.

Maybe Bill knows for sure?

If that doesn't work, I may have an old carb bowl laying around in all my Holley parts.

The Dorman site is NOT easy to use. I'm not finding anything on the carb inlet fix. https://www.dormanproducts.com/pages/resources/catalogs/dorman.aspx?origin=topnav

Thanks so much for the effort yall are putting into helping me with this. I had to leave her back in my home town until I can figure out the fix. I literally said to her like a crazy man "don't worry, girl. I'm not leaving you forever, I'll be back and I'll get you right again." lol And I will.

Thanks so much for the effort yall are putting into helping me with this. I had to leave her back in my home town until I can figure out the fix. I literally said to her like a crazy man "don't worry, girl. I'm not leaving you forever, I'll be back and I'll get you right again." lol And I will.

How do you "tag" people in this forum? I'd like to tag Bruce and thank him for his offer, but I don't know how.

Is the self tapping fitting something that will install ok without removing the carb? I'm not sure how hard it is to cut the new threads and whether or not I can do it properly as it sits in the truck.

Also, please let me know what inline fuel filter you recommend I get since I won't be able to use the original filter anymore, thanks.

I imagine it's possible to get it on square to the existing threads, but I'm pretty sure I removed that front float bowl and did it in a vise where I had a straight shot at it and gravity on my side.

Easier to make certain it is clean and free of any tapping debris too.

I don't recall what I used for a filter back when I still had the 4180.

My newer carbs all have right hand feed and I am using a bigger metal filter with 8mm ends and a 90° sweep on the outlet

I've never done any carb work, how difficult is it to remove the float bowl? Seems like that is the best way to make sure I get it in and cleaned right.

There are only four screws holding the float bowl to the front metering block.

But you will probably want a new gasket and a new rubber seal for the transfer tube going to the rear.

There are only four screws holding the float bowl to the front metering block.

But you will probably want a new gasket and a new rubber seal for the transfer tube going to the rear.

And, make SURE you put lube on the seals for the transfer tube as you put the tube on and the bowl back on. The seal/o-ring has to slide into the recesses in the bowls, and w/o lube they'll be ruined and leak. Don't ask. :nabble_smiley_blush: