Bullnose Forums

Newbie with an 86 F150

Franknsr

Hello all-

New guy here. Been lurking on this site for a while and picked up an 86 F150 a couple months ago in Southern Illinois and hauled it home to Lisle. Its an old truck and was treated like a piece of equipment and it shows. 300, 3 speed manual, longbed, just a plain jane 2 wd work truck. Already ripped out the interior and displaced a whole family of mice, ordered some floor patch panels from LMC, found a replacement bench seat that had been in storage for 10 years and looks great. Other than that I've replaced the rear wheel cylinders and made a couple brake lines, and discovered that I probably need to replace the rest of the lines.

Current trying to identify the carb that should be on it as it has something that probably came off an old John Deere or something equally strange, and figure out if I can do something with the egr or heater tube (still don't know which it is) that has been cut and folded over.

IMG_20210718_061021814.jpg.64c73d388300adf4328dab1d1537aa8b.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu above) and can add you with a zip or city/state.

And now I'll go back to the Projects thread.

If you dont have smog where you are and I dont think you do if the EGR tube has been cut and folded closed, and you having a feed back system and maybe needed a carb that you do a search for "feed back delete".

The feed back uses a computer to adjust the carb & timing and IF ANY of the feed back system is not working or missing the computer goes into "limp home mode" and locks the timing and the carb at full rich.

To bypass this system you need to install a pre-feed back carb (that may already been done?) and a dist. with vacuum advance and the wiring harness for the dist. and the computer could then be removed.

Again do a search for it so you can read up on it.

I think you started a post on the carb then removed it.

Just fill that first post back in with a picture of the carb & dist. so we can make sure of what you are working with.

Dave ----

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu above) and can add you with a zip or city/state.

And now I'll go back to the Projects thread.

Thanks Gary, home is Lisle IL.

Fuzz - I'll read up on the delete. Sounds like the way to go for me. Thanks much.