Bullnose Forums

Need Help Testing TEST Forum

Worked for me using Win10 and Firefox. I will try MS Edge and Goggle Chrome. No good on MS Edge nor Google Chrome. Since I do not do this on my phone I can try Safari on my old MacBook Pro (Mary has the new one as hers is headed back to Apple for the 3rd time).

Ok, tried using one of the older MacBook Pros and Safari. I got the login page, entered everything, and same results, takes my credentials, and right back to "login".

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked for me using Win10 and Firefox. I will try MS Edge and Goggle Chrome. No good on MS Edge nor Google Chrome. Since I do not do this on my phone I can try Safari on my old MacBook Pro (Mary has the new one as hers is headed back to Apple for the 3rd time).

Ok, tried using one of the older MacBook Pros and Safari. I got the login page, entered everything, and same results, takes my credentials, and right back to "login".

Used the link in your first post in this thread. Logged right in.

iPad Safari

Used the link in your first post in this thread. Logged right in.

iPad Safari

I didn't get to post over there. It would open and take my login, but when I tried to post that I was "in", it asked for login and wouldn't go anywhere.

Win10, chrome. Doesn't work, just as you said it wouldn't.

Shaun - I guess it is worse to not be recognized than to be recognized but not able to log in? :nabble_smiley_cry:

You might try logging onto the TEST forum with this URL. That is the unembedded version and seems to work quite well for me and several others, so see if it recognizes you. Maybe we can figure out why you can't get in that way.

Gary, as of now I cannot log in using the "New Bullnose Test Forum" link in the header on the main page of the forum, nor the link in the first post of this thread.

I continue to bounce back to the login page.

But I am logged in if I use the "this URL" link in the post I am replying to. :nabble_anim_confused:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if it is me at all?

Gary, as of now I cannot log in using the "New Bullnose Test Forum" link in the header on the main page of the forum, nor the link in the first post of this thread.

I continue to bounce back to the login page.

But I am logged in if I use the "this URL" link in the post I am replying to. :nabble_anim_confused:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if it is me at all?

Jim - It ain't just you. Here's what I'm concluding:

• Embedded: This is our normal way of seeing the forum and is what you get when you go to New Bullnose TEST Forum in the menu at the top of this page or use the link in the first post. Going in this way gets most of us in when using Firefox, but doesn't get many of us in consistently when using Chrome, Edge, or Safari. And most of us can't get in at all this way.

• Direct: Using this link takes you directly to the TEST forum, meaning it isn't embedded on the website. You can tell that 'cause you don't have the menu at the top. And I think this works 100% for us.

So, y'all, please tell me if I'm wrong on the above conclusions.

• Embedded: This is our normal way of seeing the forum and is what you get when you go to New Bullnose TEST Forum in the menu at the top of this page or use the link in the first post. Going in this way gets most of us in when using Firefox, but doesn't get many of us in consistently when using Chrome, Edge, or Safari. And most of us can't get in at all this way.

• Direct: Using this link takes you directly to the TEST forum, meaning it isn't embedded on the website. You can tell that 'cause you don't have the menu at the top. And I think this works 100% for us.

You are correct.

But I am (trying) to use the link at the top of the page, not the Bullnose drop-down menu that Shaun is showing.

Yes, I realize these are all Imbedded links.

And that when I did get in using FireFox/Android I copy-pasted the Gabble URL directly into the FireFox browser because there was no history or cache.

Ok, Gary, I went back, used the direct link and Chrome, Edge and Firefox all allow me to login on the test forum.

You are correct.

But I am (trying) to use the link at the top of the page, not the Bullnose drop-down menu that Shaun is showing.

Yes, I realize these are all Imbedded links.

And that when I did get in using FireFox/Android I copy-pasted the Gabble URL directly into the FireFox browser because there was no history or cache.

Boy, I'd need to make screenshot movies...

Part of the problem seems to be that it's inheriting site attributes from the mother ship... but even a browser that has never heard of you before has problems. MS Edge, FF Developer Edition, are having problems, I can't reply to anything....

gary-test-error-3.thumb.jpg.dcdca4ea54bcc9cee885d5b9fcc6d023.jpg

gary-test-error-2.thumb.jpg.a0fc9fd49406830a6f6f441dc95dd58d.jpg

gary-test-error-1.thumb.jpg.e0f9f41d068e50d3a5eb688650639bdf.jpg

This one is the developer edition but I guess its submission isn't fair; I had created a post and was ready to submit it, but then went and updated the software (hit the 'restart now' thing in the Help menu) and, when it came back and I tried to submit (with cached stuff), I got this one - a 500 error, which is generally a server misconfiguration or buggy software.

gary-test-error-4.thumb.jpg.f55728ecd0dfb480d4f4101148c9a984.jpg

Boy, I'd need to make screenshot movies...

Part of the problem seems to be that it's inheriting site attributes from the mother ship... but even a browser that has never heard of you before has problems. MS Edge, FF Developer Edition, are having problems, I can't reply to anything....

This one is the developer edition but I guess its submission isn't fair; I had created a post and was ready to submit it, but then went and updated the software (hit the 'restart now' thing in the Help menu) and, when it came back and I tried to submit (with cached stuff), I got this one - a 500 error, which is generally a server misconfiguration or buggy software.

Jim & Bill - Thanks. I think you confirmed what I expected.

Chris - Your comment that "it's inheriting site attributes from the mother ship" is something I've been wondering about.

What if I create a new website on Weebly and embed it there? Let's see if there is anything to that idea. Might that help?

Jim & Bill - Thanks. I think you confirmed what I expected.

Chris - Your comment that "it's inheriting site attributes from the mother ship" is something I've been wondering about.

What if I create a new website on Weebly and embed it there? Let's see if there is anything to that idea. Might that help?

I put up a new website: http://bullnosetestforum.weebly.com/bullnose-test-forum.html. And I still cannot log in.

:nabble_smiley_cry: