Bullnose Forums

Need Help Testing TEST Forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris - Thanks. By "refreshed the page" you mean you used the Refresh link in the upper right or the refresh circular arrow for the browser?

And, can you toggle from this, the production, forum to the TEST forum and back and have it showing you as logged in?

Yes, something seems bonkers. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Hi Gary, I just tapped in the address bar and pressed "Go", as Chrome on iOS doesn't have a refresh icon/button.

Ok guys, thanks. But Jim, "this" means the Weebly URL?

And to both of you: Does the Weebly URL behave differently than the normal website's TEST forum? That's the key.

Yes, the Weebly version with the blue bar.

I can also enter the Gabble address and get to that one (on AWS?)

But if I use the link at the top of the forum, or the link you provided farther up-thread I can't get past the login page.

Yes, the Weebly version with the blue bar.I can also enter the Gabble address and get to that one (on AWS?) But if I use the link at the top of the forum, or the link you provided farther up-thread I can't get past the login page.
Dane - Thanks. I think I understand.

Jim - All three links point to the same code running on the AWS servers. It is just that the page on this site that you get to via the link in the menu, which has the Bullnose icon, and the Weebly one, which has the W on the tab, are embedded so it looks like it is on that website. But the direct-in one, with the N for Nabble on the tab, isn't embedded.

I don't know enough to know what is different between one and the other. :nabble_smiley_cry: Where's a crying face?

Dane - Thanks. I think I understand.

Jim - All three links point to the same code running on the AWS servers. It is just that the page on this site that you get to via the link in the menu, which has the Bullnose icon, and the Weebly one, which has the W on the tab, are embedded so it looks like it is on that website. But the direct-in one, with the N for Nabble on the tab, isn't embedded.

I don't know enough to know what is different between one and the other. :nabble_smiley_cry: Where's a crying face?
I understand.I'm saying there's something about using the first link and the links on the homepage that is broken.It's like coming from that path the forum software doesn't recognize that I exist.Or a security 'feature' is blacklisting me even though my email and credentials are good.

I understand.

I'm saying there's something about using the first link and the links on the homepage that is broken.

It's like coming from that path the forum software doesn't recognize that I exist.

Or a security 'feature' is blacklisting me even though my email and credentials are good.

I've been looking over the DNS settings and they look wonky to me. So I've asked my mentor, Greg, to take a look and shared access to the GoDaddy account with him. I'm hoping this explains things to someone that understands CNAME, forwarding, etc - and I don't.

So let's hold off on any more testing 'cause I'm really thinking this might be "it".

Thanks, folks!