Bullnose Forums

'85 F150 Bench Seat

I like that seat. But I think you put the wrong link in, David.

I like the seat too, if only I could find one without head rests. Im working on a truck at work they had the front driver side of the bench seat, the bolster on the front side they sewn in two elastic pockets. Im thinking about having that done on my seat to give me a space to throw my wallet and other items that I carry that can be a hinder for a long drive.

Thanks, Gary!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114859269667?hash=item1abe255e23:g:pbUAAOSw5ARgz5nK

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.1fb57bd750c54397bcad9eed253e5f5f.jpg

Thank you for posting this. I was looking for upholstery that was in a similar blue color and from the same year. I'm going to get an estimate on how much it will be to get it reupholstered and move on from there.

A kit is nice and as pointed out dose not have the foam.

The other thing is what shape are the springs on your seat?

The bench seat I pulled from my truck besides the foam not there and all ripped up the springs were broken too. So if I was to get a kit & foam there was nothing to support it as it would fall right through to the floor under the seat.

I was lucky my parts truck seat only had 1 small rip but in good shape other wise I used it along with everything else from inside the truck to fix mine up.

Dave ----

The bench seat I pulled from my truck besides the foam not there and all ripped up the springs were broken too. So if I was to get a kit & foam there was nothing to support it as it would fall right through to the floor under the seat.

I was lucky my parts truck seat only had 1 small rip but in good shape other wise I used it along with everything else from inside the truck to fix mine up.

Dave ----

Seems like the foam and springs are a pita to locate too.

I was piecing the pieces together as I was going to buy a junkyard seat and then rebuild it all new but the foam I was only able to find was for the back rest, no foam for the bottom. Then springs I couldnt find anything listed for them. Might be one of those things you have to get generic springs that the upholstry shop has access to.

For me I didnt want to buy a upholstry kit as I wouldnt be using the fabric/vinyl from the kit. I was going to have a local shop cover the seat for me in cobalt blue leather in a OE style pattern for something custom but OE looking.

Dave ----

I will have to inspect everything once the truck gets back.

Thanks for the feedback.