Bullnose Forums

'85 F150

rshemmy

Hello! My dad just recently bought him and I a 1985 4WD F150 300 I6 to fix up. We are from OH and enjoy to have a big project ahead of us. If I have any questions I will definitely resort to you guys. If you have any questions about the truck feel free to ask me. 202357164_216735876939314_191868223568069652_n.thumb.jpg.7001e97c7060c3b1748ed59679f9bc98.jpg

Welcome to the Bullnose Forum! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Why not get your father to join? (Don't let him tell you he's too old - I'm 74, and I'm not the oldest one on here. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

Nice truck! You must be proud. Please start a thread in the main section so we can follow along on your journey on this project.

What part of oHIo? (Had a friend from there and he always told people he's from the state that is "o" on both ends and "hi" in the middle.) We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you with a city or a zip.

Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

Father/son projects are always a hit around here. I'm sure you'll fit right in. :nabble_smiley_good:

Honestly your truck looks great already..

I'm not sure what plans you have for it, bit please start a thread in the main forum so we can all follow along.

Father/son projects are always a hit around here. I'm sure you'll fit right in. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm not sure what plans you have for it, bit please start a thread in the main forum so we can all follow along.

I would tell him to join, but he already knows about the site. He likes to read over the documentation tab and forums about the '85 F150 anonymously. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And yes, thank you, it is a pretty nice truck- from a ways away. Ha! It's got several dings and a cheap rattle can paint job, but that's what you get when you purchase an old farm truck, right?

We live just a couple miles southwest of Akron, in Wooster. The name oHIo is very representative of how inviting and unique it is here.

Thank you!

Yes, I really love working on the truck with my dad. Always a fun experience with someone who is close with you and has some old school knowledge. :nabble_smiley_cool:

The truck does look decent- from several feet back. Once you start moving in closer, you will notice many dents and a cheap rattle can paint job; a former farm truck.

I will be sure to post a thread and keep you guys updated on the progress. We took it in to the shop a few weeks ago, so they can go over everything and fix the leaks and put a few new parts on. My dad didn't want to mess with that stuff. Hopefully, we can get it back soon and start doing some custom work on it.