Bullnose Forums

Blocked Carburetor

Having an issue where my truck starts but after 3 or 4 minutes it cuts out, I removed the air box and noticed fuel spilling out of the top of the carburetor. From what I have read it sounds like blocked jets. When I bought the truck last year the previous owner told me he replaced the Carburetor last year and after speaking to him recently he bought off criagslist, it has no name I can find. Looking for advice on first, does it sound like a blocked carb and should I get it cleaned, buy a new one or refurb.

I did spray it with carb cleaner.

Not a blocked jet or it would not run but junk in the needle & seat of the float or bad float.

You can try and take a large screw driver and lightly but firmly tap on the carb where the fuel line connects.

Then start the motor and do the same as it is running and see if that will help.

If it is junk in the needle & seat this may dislodge it and keep it from flooding over.

If not then the carb need to be pulled apart and looked over (rebuilt).

If you can post up a picture of the carb and any numbers it may have lets see if we can get a rebuild kit for the gaskets & spec settings.

Dave ----

Not a blocked jet or it would not run but junk in the needle & seat of the float or bad float.

You can try and take a large screw driver and lightly but firmly tap on the carb where the fuel line connects.

Then start the motor and do the same as it is running and see if that will help.

If it is junk in the needle & seat this may dislodge it and keep it from flooding over.

If not then the carb need to be pulled apart and looked over (rebuilt).

If you can post up a picture of the carb and any numbers it may have lets see if we can get a rebuild kit for the gaskets & spec settings.

Dave ----

Couldn't find at brand names on the carb.

IMG_3035.jpg.5ca9f6302639d3085cc730af236b8545.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg.8ae2e4860018e74ccc743e4125f1f1eb.jpg