Bullnose Forums

So, a truck has to go...and what's next?

Well gentlemen, I am happy (sad?) to say that I made a decision this week to list the old 4x4 Covid project for sale, and it actually sold very quickly. Funny story, but one of the local Ford dealers asked me to bring it by, but after checking it out they decided to pass on it and another guy bought the truck about an hour later. Anyway, that's another chapter closed...an almost one year adventure, but it was time for me thin things out around here and get back to basics.

So anyway, I've come up with a whole list of potential things to do with the '84 Flareside which will no doubt fill my time and empty my wallet.

Congratulations! I don’t doubt she went quick!

Can make you glad and sad, but you have your other Flareside.

Good job on that truck!

Maybe we need to have something that people can print to include with their trucks so the new owner can easily get back here?

Maybe something like a small decal of the web address for the back window;).

Time to revisit the window sticker discussion?? :nabble_anim_claps:

Congratulations?!?! (I'm not sure what is appropriate there.)

Someone got a good truck, but now you can move on. I'm anxious to see what you do.

Gary,

I change my mind quickly sometimes, but I have been evaluating my whole situation lately and it makes the most sense to keep working on the old '84 for now, unless something else should pop up and interest me in a must have kind of way.

Anyway, I have a few things on a short list and a few things on a long list, but I need help with what directions to go and some of the things I want to do will lead me to other "upgrades" that you guys are all very familiar with.

Another thread coming soon...

Congrats on the sell of you truck, Corey! I had a feeling you'd keep the 84....:nabble_smiley_wink:

As to fixing it up, we've had some discussion on this between us.....wheels buddy!

And remember, I still have access to that other blue stepside!

Congrats on the sell of you truck, Corey! I had a feeling you'd keep the 84....:nabble_smiley_wink:

As to fixing it up, we've had some discussion on this between us.....wheels buddy!

Haha, thanks man!

I'd actually like to change the wheels, and I think about it all the time, I just don't know what wheels I'd go with. Probably aluminum...and I really love the old school "slot" wheels, but they're more of a 70's thing and not as much 80's. Still, I wouldn't mind a set. I'll revisit this, soon.

My mind changes often, but right now my plan is to work on the '84 some more and turn it into more of a touring truck. Right now, I don't go all that far with it. There's a couple reasons for that...and one of them is that a lot of the car meets and shows were cancelled last year, and many of them have been cancelled again this year. The other reason is that in my mind the truck needs some things to make it nicer to travel with...like AC, cruise control, more sound proofing in the interior, a nice bench seat arm rest with cup holder(s), and delay wipers...although I never do drive it in the rain...lol, but still.

That's where my mind is, at least for now.

Haha, thanks man!

I'd actually like to change the wheels, and I think about it all the time, I just don't know what wheels I'd go with. Probably aluminum...and I really love the old school "slot" wheels, but they're more of a 70's thing and not as much 80's. Still, I wouldn't mind a set. I'll revisit this, soon.

My mind changes often, but right now my plan is to work on the '84 some more and turn it into more of a touring truck. Right now, I don't go all that far with it. There's a couple reasons for that...and one of them is that a lot of the car meets and shows were cancelled last year, and many of them have been cancelled again this year. The other reason is that in my mind the truck needs some things to make it nicer to travel with...like AC, cruise control, more sound proofing in the interior, a nice bench seat arm rest with cup holder(s), and delay wipers...although I never do drive it in the rain...lol, but still.

That's where my mind is, at least for now.

Happy & sad to see it go for you as each truck has its own personality and why we own / drive them.

Down here AC is a must! And why I did the firewall swap as part of the rebuild.

Cruise control would be nice and I have looked it to it a few times but so far the most I drive it is under 50 miles each way so not really needed yet).

On sound proofing the carpet made the biggest improvment in mine. I did add 2 strips of "peel & stick" to the inside of each door. That makes them less of a drum and solid sounding when closing.

I did spray expanding foam in the roof but it did not fill even a 1/4 of it. No head liner.

I do have a storage shelf behind the seat but no carpet on the rear wall as some say that helps on the noise.

I am happy with the bench seat and the noise, its a truck not a cady LOL

Same for the cup holder. Take the wife along she can hold the cup LOL.

I do have delay wiper's and one of the best up grades I did. I do not take the truck out in the rain but sometimes you cant help it.

Oh the wheels, I was lucky mine came with turbo's but if it had stock steely I would be happy with them as the truck would look factory stock and I like that look too.

Cant wait to see your "up grades" and I know of the post you have going on one of them.

Dave ----