Bullnose Forums

Interior rebuild progress

Wow! Nice job! :nabble_anim_claps:

Tell us more, please, about what you did to the dash cover? It looks like you used the expanding foam to fill the cracks. And you cut out the speaker opening. But what did you cover the whole thing with? How did you bridge the speaker opening?

Tell us more, please, about what you did to the dash cover? It looks like you used the expanding foam to fill the cracks. And you cut out the speaker opening. But what did you cover the whole thing with? How did you bridge the speaker opening?

Yes vary nice job!

Yes do tell how you re-finished the dash pad & panels as it may help others.

It looks like the truck has AC by the vents in the dash but I also see the foot well kick panels have vents that come in non-AC trucks.

Did you add the foot well vents or is the AC a dealer install as I think some had the AC vents in the dash?

BTW my non-AC truck now has factory AC, swapped in the AC firewall, but I kept the foot well vents.

I also know how much work it is to redo the dash.

My truck did not have AC so I started with the one from

my parts truck but had to repair where they broke it to get the radio & HVAC controls out.

I went with a dash pad over lay after 2 failed tries of fix one of 2 I had.

Dave ----

ps truck is not bad looking either :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes vary nice job!

It looks like the truck has AC by the vents in the dash but I also see the foot well kick panels have vents that come in non-AC trucks.

Did you add the foot well vents or is the AC a dealer install as I think some had the AC vents in the dash?

BTW my non-AC truck now has factory AC, swapped in the AC firewall, but I kept the foot well vents.

my parts truck but had to repair where they broke it to get the radio & HVAC controls out.

Dave ----

It is in fact expanding foam. The cover is marine grade vinyl glue on with DAP landau top adhesive. As far as bridging the speaker hole I used fiberglass matting and resin (pic attached). I used the same grade vinyl on the doors and armrest. 8A87AA24-1322-4954-8798-D32987270048.jpeg.97aeaebe6f8c6809fc56c7c2b10020d0.jpeg

It is in fact expanding foam. The cover is marine grade vinyl glue on with DAP landau top adhesive. As far as bridging the speaker hole I used fiberglass matting and resin (pic attached). I used the same grade vinyl on the doors and armrest.

Would you mind doing a how-to on that? I think a lot of people would be interested.

Would you mind doing a how-to on that? I think a lot of people would be interested.

I’ll work on putting something together over the next couple of days. Should I add it to the projects thread or start a “how to”.

Yes vary nice job!

Dave ----

I added the foot well vents. My parts truck is non ac so I robbed them from it. All of the under hood stuff is missing for my ac so I figured I could use the extra air flow.