Bullnose Forums

A Community With a Wealth of Information

Hello Everyone! I am Jamie Palmer, and live in East Texas. I purchased Harriett in Center, TX from an ad that I saw on Facebook in 2015. I used to own an 80 model F150, and loved that truck. However, many of the parts including the transmission were stolen while it was in the body shop to be painted. Sad story, but I scrapped that truck as I was too young to know better. I have always loved this bullnose body style. When I saw Harriett for sale for $2500, I honestly scooped her up without even letting my wife know what I was doing....I don't recommend this approach, by the way.

Anyway, I have 5 children ranging in age from 8 to 19, and we all work on Harriett together. I have taught two of our children to drive using Harriett. I have worked on the interior and had the seat re-upolstered, new felt for the windows, but the engine compartment is mostly still stock. I eventually want to remove the feedback carb system, add a turbo, and have her repainted; but for now I am going to continue to drive her around town.

I stumbled across this website by a recommendation on Facebook, and was totally amazed at the wealth of information located on it. I am floored that someone has spent this much time researching and compiling all of this information. I am so grateful that I found this site. Keep up the good work!!

Welcome Jamie! (And Harriet, and family...). :nabble_waving_orig:

We love family projects around here. In fact another of our longtime members from Reno, Tx has just embarked on a double header kids project with a supercab going to his daughter and a regular cab to one of his sons.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Project-RedHead-4x4-F250-sclb-farmer-s-field-find-tp98453.html

Yes, Gary is amazing in not only his passion for these trucks, but his determination to document as much as he can.

Making this probably the best source you can find anywhere on the internet.

Welcome, Jamie! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

And thanks for those kind words. But it certainly isn't all me. As you said, we are a community, and that's what makes this place tick.

Jim is right, we love projects and especially family projects. Hope you'll start a thread, or threads, on Harriett. And show us some pics!

Would you like to be on our map, which is at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu? Just give us a city or zip and we'll add you.

Welcome, Jamie! You'll find everything you need to know about the Bullnose truck right here! Thanks to Gary and others, the place is a goldmine for needed information. And, if you don't find it, someone here will direct you accordingly. Post up some pictures of Harriet and you might even consider posting it up in our Truck Of The Month.