Bullnose Forums

Elyza Dual-little. 1985 F350 DRW

Gsmblue

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate this weekend :) So I will rattle can the hood!

In the meantime I changed out the rear light clusters and found the sound deadening for the rear doors.

There is a very real chance I will have all this buttoned down by the end of the weekend. Very excited. Once it is all done I will take some nice pics of everything.

Can't wait!! :nabble_anim_jump:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate this weekend :) So I will rattle can the hood!

In the meantime I changed out the rear light clusters and found the sound deadening for the rear doors.

There is a very real chance I will have all this buttoned down by the end of the weekend. Very excited. Once it is all done I will take some nice pics of everything.

Looking forward to the pictures. My little red Ranger has sun-burn issues, so I will need to sand and respray the roof at some point too.

• 2 weeks later...

Bummer!

Today the Color bond “dash protector” spray arrived. So i used it on all 4 door panels.

The best way to describe it is as a satin clearcoat.

I like the finish. I may now pull the B and C pillar trim…

Weather tomorrow and Sunday is looking promising to paint the hood… I recently did my snowmobile with a rattle can and it is boarderline acceptable. Definitely a 10ft paint job!

33277CBC-13B0-4E26-BA20-5FBC53ACA0D2.thumb.jpeg.a7c22a7980dae88e1e78a860f2c2d2b5.jpeg

Today the Color bond “dash protector” spray arrived. So i used it on all 4 door panels.

The best way to describe it is as a satin clearcoat.

I like the finish. I may now pull the B and C pillar trim…

Weather tomorrow and Sunday is looking promising to paint the hood… I recently did my snowmobile with a rattle can and it is boarderline acceptable. Definitely a 10ft paint job!

Pictures - of what was painted, not the can - or it didn't happen. :nabble_anim_blbl:

I can tell you you don't want the top of the dash to shinny or the sun just glares off it.

Door panels not so much as they are not in line of sight.

Dave ----

I’ll get some better pictures this afternoon as I plan on assembling the rear door panels. Almost done with this interior and want to take some nice pics of all the work.

The dark blue from LMC that I have been using has an almost powdery appearance to me.

This extra coating is a satin finish. I think it looks better. I don’t think it would give any issues with glare. I really should do the b and c pillars. The a pillars are a pain to pull out so may leave those.