Bullnose Forums

Elyza Dual-little. 1985 F350 DRW

Gsmblue

The flaked clear coat on the hood, top of fenders and the vents finally got to me today. Dry sanded with 120, 220, 320.

There was a hole on the front drivers side from a wind deflector and a big low spot that both got bondo.

Hoping the weather stays clear for the next few days to allow for sanding, priming, sanding, painting…

Also dealing with a couple of spots on the fiberglass fenders..

Pic taken during sanding, you can see the hole and low spot that get bondo in the next pics

Man, you got SERIOUS! I could do the same on Big Blue, but I'd have to fix the cab corners and bedsides before painting, so I'm living with it.

But you are on a mission. :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you got SERIOUS! I could do the same on Big Blue, but I'd have to fix the cab corners and bedsides before painting, so I'm living with it.

But you are on a mission. :nabble_smiley_good:

A moment of madness…

It is going to be cold, wet and windy for a week here! I may get lucky and have a short window to get some primer down…l

Pretty poor timing!:nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

A moment of madness…

It is going to be cold, wet and windy for a week here! I may get lucky and have a short window to get some primer down…l

Pretty poor timing!:nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

Nice prep. I need to do my top - showing a little more patina than I'm comfortable with.

I'll be watching to see how this goes.

Nice prep. I need to do my top - showing a little more patina than I'm comfortable with.

I'll be watching to see how this goes.

Well, we have rain and 30mph winds today, gusts of 55-65mph. So NOTHING happening today except making sure I have bar oil for my chainsaw..

Looks I am going to take the day off work tomorrow to catch up on some chores. Then I can get some more sanding done and may be able to get the rattle cans out... I will have to put my 10x10 pop up over the front of the truck I think.. urgh. I really timed this badly!

Wish me luck!

Well, we have rain and 30mph winds today, gusts of 55-65mph. So NOTHING happening today except making sure I have bar oil for my chainsaw..

Looks I am going to take the day off work tomorrow to catch up on some chores. Then I can get some more sanding done and may be able to get the rattle cans out... I will have to put my 10x10 pop up over the front of the truck I think.. urgh. I really timed this badly!

Wish me luck!

Sending all the luck your way that I can.

Weather has settled but i have been caught out. Wifey has me running errands and doing chores!!

Looks like no paint today, tomorrow it will be a priority!

The forecast for next weekend is 60F and sunny. So i will prob hold off until then. Maybe i can get the roof done too!

The forecast for next weekend is 60F and sunny. So i will prob hold off until then. Maybe i can get the roof done too!

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate this weekend :) So I will rattle can the hood!

In the meantime I changed out the rear light clusters and found the sound deadening for the rear doors.

There is a very real chance I will have all this buttoned down by the end of the weekend. Very excited. Once it is all done I will take some nice pics of everything.