Bullnose Forums

Elyza Dual-little. 1985 F350 DRW

Gsmblue

Looks great, my truck has same paint and interior. My next big project in the next few months is to paint the interior plastic, your results are giving me motivation!

Have at it! It is so worth it.

The carpet is arriving today so i can start to get that in tonight. I need to paint the remaining trim panels today too..

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good! You did well buying Elyza. :nabble_anim_claps:

Looks great! That whole process is strikingly familiar. I had my whole interior out for clean up, repair, repaint, sound deadening etc. It was a ton of work but I am very pleased with it. Quite rewording, isn't it!

Looks great! That whole process is strikingly familiar. I had my whole interior out for clean up, repair, repaint, sound deadening etc. It was a ton of work but I am very pleased with it. Quite rewording, isn't it!

Absolutely.

One you update the interior, it can feel like a new truck.

I still need to sound deaden the rear doors. The new carpet is mass backed so I am not worried about doing the floors.

The rear doors need the seals/guides replaced. and the driver side rear window is not moving. I have that stuff so need to get on to that soon.

The blower motor is very weak, a replacement is coming for that. I made that change in the Bronco and I do not remember it make much of a difference, but I will have a chance to stick the shop vac in there and maybe liberate some dead leaves..

I can't wait for the interior to be done and take the wife for a spin. I think she will be blown away.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely.

One you update the interior, it can feel like a new truck.

I still need to sound deaden the rear doors. The new carpet is mass backed so I am not worried about doing the floors.

The rear doors need the seals/guides replaced. and the driver side rear window is not moving. I have that stuff so need to get on to that soon.

The blower motor is very weak, a replacement is coming for that. I made that change in the Bronco and I do not remember it make much of a difference, but I will have a chance to stick the shop vac in there and maybe liberate some dead leaves..

I can't wait for the interior to be done and take the wife for a spin. I think she will be blown away.

Well, its official.

I ordered the wrong size carpet and that is why I can’t make it fit.

Pretty mad at myself as i had to make cuts to try and get it in. I did not have the original to compare it too.

So, anyone want a slightly hacked carpet???

It is from stock interiors, regatta blue, super cab. NOT CREW CAB.

37C81A82-92C6-4D18-821D-0FA3E03ED57C.thumb.jpeg.b3eb83d117fd58ba0c2368a65120a7ec.jpeg

Well, its official.

I ordered the wrong size carpet and that is why I can’t make it fit.

Pretty mad at myself as i had to make cuts to try and get it in. I did not have the original to compare it too.

So, anyone want a slightly hacked carpet???

It is from stock interiors, regatta blue, super cab. NOT CREW CAB.

Bummer! As you said, no wonder it doesn't fit. And I know the feeling, having figured out what you did wrong. Sorry, but don't be too hard on yourself.

Regatta Blue? Surely someone can use that. (Wonder how a Supercab carpet fits a regular cab?)

Bummer! As you said, no wonder it doesn't fit. And I know the feeling, having figured out what you did wrong. Sorry, but don't be too hard on yourself.

Regatta Blue? Surely someone can use that. (Wonder how a Supercab carpet fits a regular cab?)

Happy to send it on to anyone for the cost of shipping!

Happy to send it on to anyone for the cost of shipping!

Hmmm, I have regular cab. How much cutting is done to the carpet? I'm not too particular so this might work out. I should be able to cut the back off for the supercab part I would think. Wife is pretty smart on things like this and thinks we can make it work.

Cost for shipping to zip 27030

Hmmm, I have regular cab. How much cutting is done to the carpet? I'm not too particular so this might work out. I should be able to cut the back off for the supercab part I would think. Wife is pretty smart on things like this and thinks we can make it work.

Cost for shipping to zip 27030

Well, i pulled the carpet out and put the benches back in to keep Elyza driving while the new, correct, carpet comes in.

So I thought i would go for a spin, turned the key. NOTHING! Well, the brake warning light came on and that was it. No lights, no radio, no fan…

I checked the battery, all good. So i grabbed the remote start trigger and she fired right up. I go back in the cab and still no signs of life from the clock or radio.

Turn her off and look back under the hood to find this blown aftermarket fuseable link. It seems to be feeding the black with Orange stripe. So, off to the EVTM i go.

We do have a mouse problem at the moment and i am wondering if some other wire is chewed and caused a short on the main feed to the fuse box. Lots of hunting to do…

C411B593-AD4E-4878-BE43-76E3579F4570.thumb.jpeg.6bd68446180577502f6359ee0adca05f.jpeg

Well, i pulled the carpet out and put the benches back in to keep Elyza driving while the new, correct, carpet comes in.

So I thought i would go for a spin, turned the key. NOTHING! Well, the brake warning light came on and that was it. No lights, no radio, no fan…

I checked the battery, all good. So i grabbed the remote start trigger and she fired right up. I go back in the cab and still no signs of life from the clock or radio.

Turn her off and look back under the hood to find this blown aftermarket fuseable link. It seems to be feeding the black with Orange stripe. So, off to the EVTM i go.

We do have a mouse problem at the moment and i am wondering if some other wire is chewed and caused a short on the main feed to the fuse box. Lots of hunting to do…

That EVTM section is so helpful. It looks like fusible link J has been hacked off in the past and replaced with a 20amp blade fuse! 🤦‍♂️

I have not replaced a fusible link before, any advice on where to source one from?

That EVTM section is so helpful. It looks like fusible link J has been hacked off in the past and replaced with a 20amp blade fuse! 🤦‍♂️

I have not replaced a fusible link before, any advice on where to source one from?

Auto parts stores should have them

Dave ----