Bullnose Forums

Elyza Dual-little. 1985 F350 DRW

Gsmblue

Great day today. Put the 1-ton to work with 500sqft of WET sod and four humans - one pint sized who asked, “where’s the map?” 🤦‍♂️ A reference to the giant screens in his parents modern vehicles.

We drove 104.1 miles, 10.5mpg. ~$60 for ethanol free. Not too shabby for a 460 with 96k on the clock. I did have to use the granny gear when we were loaded up.

Elyza rode so smooth with a full load. Once we were free of the load my friend and I were really feeling the bouncing. Was a fun day helping a friends parents out.

I got a steak lunch for my troubles and a very fulfilling day to boot. I was offer some $$ for gas etc and flat out refused it. Was just happy to have this workhorse put a good lap in.

For reference. At the sod farm, a very modern silverado 2500 had a similar pallet dropped in the back and the driver waved it out… his truck was pointing to the moon. No disrespect to his truck. Wet sod is a 1-ton or trailer job, I think.

Wow! That's a lot of weight!

And you are right, 10.5 MPG is not too shabby.

Well done, Elyza! :nabble_anim_claps:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Well, its official.

I ordered the wrong size carpet and that is why I can’t make it fit.

Pretty mad at myself as i had to make cuts to try and get it in. I did not have the original to compare it too.

So, anyone want a slightly hacked carpet???

It is from stock interiors, regatta blue, super cab. NOT CREW CAB.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n101866/37C81A82-92C6-4D18-821D-0FA3E03ED57C.jpeg

Is it still available? lol. I might be able to use it. I did a full black rubber floor in my supercab....I kind of miss the carpet honestly.

Is it still available? lol. I might be able to use it. I did a full black rubber floor in my supercab....I kind of miss the carpet honestly.

I don't think it is. We worked a deal and the carpet is in my truck now. FWIW, the super cab carpet works pretty durn good in a regular cab. The extra length ran up the back wall to the window trim. Trim holds it in place.

I don't think it is. We worked a deal and the carpet is in my truck now. FWIW, the super cab carpet works pretty durn good in a regular cab. The extra length ran up the back wall to the window trim. Trim holds it in place.

Indeed, Randy took it off my hands.