Gsmblue

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics of my space

From the garage mezzanine

The workspace behind the Airstream

I think you have your shop, it just has an Air Stream in it! The height looks like it would be great for a lift, and the side-entry door would be very handy.

So, a 450 sq ft building that is 10' wide can be 45' long. And if that is too narrow maybe 11' x 40'? How long is the trailer?

Pics of my space

From the garage mezzanine

The workspace behind the Airstream

More seriously, when planning a comfortable workspace, do not neglect the width.

People tend to make their shops enough long but too narrow, missing space to circulate along the vehicle (and mirrors), opened doors, etc.

More seriously, when planning a comfortable workspace, do not neglect the width.

People tend to make their shops enough long but too narrow, missing space to circulate along the vehicle (and mirrors), opened doors, etc.

That's why mine is 40' X 40' and since the roof isn't flat 18' high at the highest point. Plenty of light (thanks Gary) and I can heat if needed with an old torpedo heater I was given after the owner thought the spark plug was bad and no replacement to be found. Cleaned it off, reset the gap like my dad taught me to do on our oil furnace and it lights every time.

I use a Tractor Supply barn heater thermostat that goes in series with the cord to cycle it when I'm out there. Lift is planned, If I had the funds recently a shop I know closed and He had a nice twin post that I know will lift Darth, it was the inspection bay lift.

That's why mine is 40' X 40' and since the roof isn't flat 18' high at the highest point. Plenty of light (thanks Gary) and I can heat if needed with an old torpedo heater I was given after the owner thought the spark plug was bad and no replacement to be found. Cleaned it off, reset the gap like my dad taught me to do on our oil furnace and it lights every time.

I use a Tractor Supply barn heater thermostat that goes in series with the cord to cycle it when I'm out there. Lift is planned, If I had the funds recently a shop I know closed and He had a nice twin post that I know will lift Darth, it was the inspection bay lift.

If I had to redo my shop I'd put two doors in the front and put the machine shop across the back. That would allow me to put two vehicles side by side, and one on the lift.

Welcome, Bill. I hope the lighting worked out as planned.

If I had to redo my shop I'd put two doors in the front and put the machine shop across the back. That would allow me to put two vehicles side by side, and one on the lift.

Welcome, Bill. I hope the lighting worked out as planned.

So yes, i do have a space but it is occupied! It is more narrow than i would like for a workshop, it is about 14ft wide and 40ft long.

I want a true dual bay. All car doors open and can walk around.

It would be nice to have it deep enough to double as Airstream parking (9ftx28ft). Buy I don’t think i can make that work within the 450sqft permit free parameters.

Honestly i just want a concrete slab so i am not rolling around in gravel anymore!!!

So yes, i do have a space but it is occupied! It is more narrow than i would like for a workshop, it is about 14ft wide and 40ft long.

I want a true dual bay. All car doors open and can walk around.

It would be nice to have it deep enough to double as Airstream parking (9ftx28ft). Buy I don’t think i can make that work within the 450sqft permit free parameters.

Honestly i just want a concrete slab so i am not rolling around in gravel anymore!!!

Got some primer on. Self etching on the bare metal and sandable on top and everywhere else.

Temp dropped real quickly too so i stopped before before building up as much primer as i wanted.

I ran out of blue tape so couldn’t mask as much as i wanted, but there was no wind.

Tomorrow i can get out of work early, get more tape and primer and i should be able to mask/sand/prime/sand.

That makes Saturday base and clear…

D9AF7DBD-C09E-49B5-AC19-8056B04BA4BD.thumb.jpeg.4aa94c589e2405b523852c9b88e74de7.jpeg

Got some primer on. Self etching on the bare metal and sandable on top and everywhere else.

Temp dropped real quickly too so i stopped before before building up as much primer as i wanted.

I ran out of blue tape so couldn’t mask as much as i wanted, but there was no wind.

Tomorrow i can get out of work early, get more tape and primer and i should be able to mask/sand/prime/sand.

That makes Saturday base and clear…

Looking good! Gonna rename her Elyza Dual-ot? (I'd make it Dua-lot but you seem to want the "dual" to be obvious.)