Bullnose Forums

Elyza Dual-little. 1985 F350 DRW

Gsmblue

Looks great! So now you can drive it a bit? Enjoy it some before you take it down for the engine and/or driveline?

Absolutely.

We haven’t finalized our 2022 budget yet, but wifey and I have agreed we need to cut back on spending and identify our projects up front.

So not sure when i will get to the driveline.. i feel i need a shop first!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely.

We haven’t finalized our 2022 budget yet, but wifey and I have agreed we need to cut back on spending and identify our projects up front.

So not sure when i will get to the driveline.. i feel i need a shop first!

You will LOVE a shop. And if you are seriously considering building one I recommend a 12' ceiling. That will allow a full-height lift, and if you get one you'll wonder how you got buy w/o it.

You will LOVE a shop. And if you are seriously considering building one I recommend a 12' ceiling. That will allow a full-height lift, and if you get one you'll wonder how you got buy w/o it.

Indeed. I think next yeah will be the prep for a shop. Electric, water, plans finalized. Maybe pour a pad or put sticks and roof up… it will have to be done in stages due to cost. I also need a storage shed and that may come first…

Indeed. I think next yeah will be the prep for a shop. Electric, water, plans finalized. Maybe pour a pad or put sticks and roof up… it will have to be done in stages due to cost. I also need a storage shed and that may come first…

There is no such thing as too big or too much light. And outside storage works nicely under a roof, like a carport. And one thing I wish I'd done is to put a back door in so I could get a truck out when another one is on the lift.

On my side, since we have horses, my barn acts as a garage shop... Horses boxes building side is heated, water, tool bench, but this part of the building is not insulated nor heated. So, it forces me to take a break during winter time about mechanics and other truck stuff, no choice other than go enjoy skiing!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

For Big Brother storage (and family's canoes rack, and wife's garden tools, so she's happy), I built an extension to the barn (kind of carport) and installed an old used garage door. I had not a big budget.

Lighted, but not heated, weather and sun protected, and well ventilated. Hope this will keep Big Brother nice.

1.jpg.a860d1333e25efc7291b53af6521a47d.jpg

2.jpg.9acfb7071df5f0dbd43ca9cee141ed6d.jpg

3.jpg.3f3d9078972cfe136791d33688133be4.jpg

4.jpg.c6810a9a28861a1c29ade83a2a34c810.jpg

5.jpg.7b9339b26cb9b119d0945dc51d8db00a.jpg

6.jpg.b056fbc818864bc5f7363afdafb0f6c1.jpg

On my side, since we have horses, my barn acts as a garage shop... Horses boxes building side is heated, water, tool bench, but this part of the building is not insulated nor heated. So, it forces me to take a break during winter time about mechanics and other truck stuff, no choice other than go enjoy skiing!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

For Big Brother storage (and family's canoes rack, and wife's garden tools, so she's happy), I built an extension to the barn (kind of carport) and installed an old used garage door. I had not a big budget.

Lighted, but not heated, weather and sun protected, and well ventilated. Hope this will keep Big Brother nice.

THat last photo should be enlarged, printed, and on the wall of man caves. That's a good photo. Everything is perfect.

THat last photo should be enlarged, printed, and on the wall of man caves. That's a good photo. Everything is perfect.

Yep!

I picked the best arm rests I had to hand!

This pics are making me jealous!

I have a large RV garage attached to my house, that is where the Airstream leaves. At the back of that space is where I park my ATV that I use around the property. Currently it is the snowmobile rebuilding station. It is not big enough for a truck. The previous owner used to park his mini cooper there..

Looks like we need to build a 450sqft storage shed for all our equipment and toys. That will not have power or water.

The shop I want to build will be a 2 or 3 bay with a lift. It is a lot of money, even if I do most of it myself.

450sqft is the magic number, no permit needed!

I picked the best arm rests I had to hand!

This pics are making me jealous!

I have a large RV garage attached to my house, that is where the Airstream leaves. At the back of that space is where I park my ATV that I use around the property. Currently it is the snowmobile rebuilding station. It is not big enough for a truck. The previous owner used to park his mini cooper there..

Looks like we need to build a 450sqft storage shed for all our equipment and toys. That will not have power or water.

The shop I want to build will be a 2 or 3 bay with a lift. It is a lot of money, even if I do most of it myself.

450sqft is the magic number, no permit needed!

Pics of my space

From the garage mezzanine

7FC77E7D-73A6-40C1-AD84-7A78545BBBFC.thumb.jpeg.d4151ff0f001f494da208820af8d0aed.jpeg

The workspace behind the Airstream

1392246E-B674-4448-8103-4E9D773798A9.thumb.jpeg.7cb780a55fda3481ec8e716ccb8e7969.jpeg