Bullnose Forums

New member from Vancouver BC

Rowland

Proud owner of a manual 1984 f150 i6 4x4

A little back ground. Bought the truck 3 years ago and drove it for 8 months before it started running rough. Took it off the road and its been sitting since. No clue on milage or previous maintenance.

Im no mechanic but i have basic skills and the right attitude. The plan is to get her (Meghan) functioning excellent and take it to the bush to explore back roads and the odd day at work.

I started today with the carb as it was idling rough when i took it off the road. I have the intention of just getting a new one. To my surprise upon removal i found a vacuum line that was cut and melted shut and an insulated line that goes to the side of the engine totally rusted through and detached.

I cant see the calibration code, and the parts shop doesnt have the specific one listed with the basic information about the truck. (Yet to search the site for this info).

Needless to say i found this site and look forward to my build and having you guys and this site in my back pocket. Pardon my ignorance and cheers to the future.

Rowland

Ps. I accidentally posted this in projects so im reposting it here.

Yes, welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

First, would you like to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu above.

Second, if you'll create a signature, as explained in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's in the menu, it will help us help you - assuming it gives some info on your truck.

As for the calibration code, I doubt that will be needed. With what you've found, and other things you may not have found yet, I suspect you can get it running well with the existing carb.

However, it is best to do troubleshooting in a thread either in the main section or in Projects 'cause more people will see it there. You started a thread in Projects, do you want to use it? You can change the title of it by editing the first post.