Bullnose Forums

Front signal bulb sockets

Good morning gentlemen,

I was going to order one or two new front signal light bulb sockets, and I see on Rock Auto they are right and left index slot? Does that mean they are different left and right on the truck? Hopefully that is not too dumb a question...I would have assumed that they were the same...

bulb_sockets.thumb.jpg.f04e2e31147ec25bcd99d4b74a6e7711.jpg

Good morning, Cory.

No, it is not a dumb question. I think it is a dumb advertisement. I got back to the same place in the RA catalog and the WVE listing is the correct one. The correct part number is D1FZ 13234-A, which WVE lists.

I do not know what the Standard listings are all about.

I would think they were just the normal pig tail socket that you could get at any local parts store and no L / R sockets.

I know I have gotten the 194 sockets / pig tails, side marker lights, at the local stores before.

Dave ----

• 5 weeks later...

I would think they were just the normal pig tail socket that you could get at any local parts store and no L / R sockets.

I know I have gotten the 194 sockets / pig tails, side marker lights, at the local stores before.

Dave ----

Side to side they are the same. If you get newer sockets you can use 3157 style bulbs, which have fewer ground problems and more choices when you upgrade to LED bulbs!