Bullnose Forums

Need measurement for inside mirror button

As it said I need measurement for inside mirror button to remount the mirror.

If I can et the measurement from the outside chrome from the left & right sides to the center and from the top chrome to center of button.

This should get me close to where it needs to be mounted.

I have had others mounted in the wrong place from a glass shop and cont not use the visors as they hit the mirror.

Thanks

Dave ----

Dave - If you've not gotten an answer I should be able to measure it later today.

No answer yet and not in a big rush, trucks been on the road over a year and a half now so another day or 2 will not hurt.

Just looking to get it close as I will also check if everything clears before gluing.

Thanks

Dave ----

No answer yet and not in a big rush, trucks been on the road over a year and a half now so another day or 2 will not hurt.

Just looking to get it close as I will also check if everything clears before gluing.

Thanks

Dave ----

BTTT

Dave ----

The top of my button is 3 3/16" below the bottom edge of the windshield trim, and centered L/R on the windshield.

Gary thank you when I go out later I will pick up the glue and make it tomorrows project.

A member on that other site got 6" to the top of the mount?

Now that is how you drive a crazy man mad :nabble_anim_crazy::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I know it was posted the mirror size but I think the right size got broken in the roll over so I only have the smaller one but its better than what I got now ....... nothing!

Thanks again

Dave ----

Gary thank you when I go out later I will pick up the glue and make it tomorrows project.

A member on that other site got 6" to the top of the mount?

Now that is how you drive a crazy man mad :nabble_anim_crazy::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I know it was posted the mirror size but I think the right size got broken in the roll over so I only have the smaller one but its better than what I got now ....... nothing!

Thanks again

Dave ----

Yes, anything's better than nothing. But the two sizes are shown below. The longer one is 12" vs the 10" shorter on. Notice that the short one was introduced in 1970 (D0) and the longer one in 1985 (E5). I'm guessing that the trucks had the short one through 1984.

But also note that if the customer really wanted a shorter 10" mirror they were to be sold the one that came out on the Aerostar. But why would someone want the short one vs the long one? :nabble_anim_confused:

Inside_Rear_View_Mirrors.thumb.jpg.880f1102b1c0e7f44c32b723597c65cc.jpg

Yes, anything's better than nothing. But the two sizes are shown below. The longer one is 12" vs the 10" shorter on. Notice that the short one was introduced in 1970 (D0) and the longer one in 1985 (E5). I'm guessing that the trucks had the short one through 1984.

But also note that if the customer really wanted a shorter 10" mirror they were to be sold the one that came out on the Aerostar. But why would someone want the short one vs the long one? :nabble_anim_confused:

Yea I dont know why either?

I will use the shorter one till I come into the longer one.

I stopped at AZ down the street and they were all out of the glue till next week:nabble_smiley_what:

So I will try a few other stores back in town tomorrow.

On your measurement I was told by 2 others of 6" down from the top and centered like yours.

Do your visors clear the mirror at 3"?

Dave ----

Yea I dont know why either?

I will use the shorter one till I come into the longer one.

I stopped at AZ down the street and they were all out of the glue till next week:nabble_smiley_what:

So I will try a few other stores back in town tomorrow.

On your measurement I was told by 2 others of 6" down from the top and centered like yours.

Do your visors clear the mirror at 3"?

Dave ----

Well, yes they clear just fine. I'm using the later visors with the rod sticking through an inch or so with a catch for it in the center, but I think the visors are the same size.

Well, yes they clear just fine. I'm using the later visors with the rod sticking through an inch or so with a catch for it in the center, but I think the visors are the same size.

After getting measurements from members, marking the outside of the glass and checking if the visors cleared I mount the button to the glass.

It said to give 30 min before mounting the mirror but going to give it a day or so just to make sure.

It also said 1 drop of glue to the button but after on the glass it looks like it could have been a good size drop or 2 little ones. If it does not stick I know for next time I guess.

The mirror I have is the small 10" non-day / night but will keep an eye open for the 12" and if it is a D/N great but not worried if not.

If the outside mirrors were better placed, more forward on the doors but the vent frame is then in the middle, I would not even think of re-mounting the inside mirror.

Thanks for the measurements.

Dave ----