Bullnose Forums

Can one buy the nuts for seat mount bolts?

I have two that are so heavily rusted that - so far - the broken off bolts won't come loose. If there is no way to buy new ones, I'll have to break out the torch or drill out the bolts.

Either method is difficult on such a small item.

These fit into the sheet metal of the floor plan. I drove these out downward after the bolts broke off. They've been soaking for days in penetrating oil. No luck so far, even twisting out of the vice, and I don't want to mangle their outer surfaces.

SeatNuts.jpg.d24b986b2980e51a84a1c6ba8d68029e.jpg

They look very similar to the firewall nut for the dashboard strut on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel.

I'd have thought these fasteners were in the Z-rib below the cab floor?

If you can explain the Z-rib to me, I could answer that. They are pressed into doubled sheet metal of the floor of the truck. When you bolt down the seat, those bolts go into these special nuts.

Gary does your parts chart suggest that I could find these by part number at a Ford dealer? It's so discouraging going in there for parts lately. Ford has stopped offering so many needed parts for older trucks.

If you can explain the Z-rib to me, I could answer that. They are pressed into doubled sheet metal of the floor of the truck. When you bolt down the seat, those bolts go into these special nuts.

Gary does your parts chart suggest that I could find these by part number at a Ford dealer? It's so discouraging going in there for parts lately. Ford has stopped offering so many needed parts for older trucks.

I suspect you need the M10 version 'cause that's what the catalog says the seat bolts are. So you'd be looking for N621776. But my searches for that on the internet haven't turned up anything. Nothing from Rear Counter, which is Ford, nor Auveco, which frequently has nuts and bolts for vehicles.

So I don't know that your local Ford dealer will be able to get them. But it is worth a try.

I suspect you need the M10 version 'cause that's what the catalog says the seat bolts are. So you'd be looking for N621776. But my searches for that on the internet haven't turned up anything. Nothing from Rear Counter, which is Ford, nor Auveco, which frequently has nuts and bolts for vehicles.

So I don't know that your local Ford dealer will be able to get them. But it is worth a try.

Yep they are M10 indeed. I'll give the dealer a try. Thank you!

I imagine these nuts are installed in the sheet metal after the panel is stamped out (and not on the line)

That might make it a challenge to find new.

But there is a part number, so....

I imagine these nuts are installed in the sheet metal after the panel is stamped out (and not on the line)

That might make it a challenge to find new.

But there is a part number, so....

What about just welding in some square nuts?