Bullnose Forums

Electrical hacks. Maybe.

Yeah it's c610, so there is not the other end of this harness and it's missing all the eyelets that connect to the starter relay, I watched a guy change a starter relay on YouTube to get a better look at things. Since it's missing a whole section of harness I was looking in junkyards, they have an 86 f150. Would that trucks harness be the same? Thank you for your help

If it has an ammeter (instead of just a charge failure light) it should have the other side of the C610 connector.

If it has an ammeter (instead of just a charge failure light) it should have the other side of the C610 connector.

A little-known fact is that in '86 Ford finally dropped the idiot lights and all the trucks came with ammeters. So yes, it should work. But, it is a large and long harness, so...

A little-known fact is that in '86 Ford finally dropped the idiot lights and all the trucks came with ammeters. So yes, it should work. But, it is a large and long harness, so...

Well, now I know! 💡

Only to drop ammeters entirely for the '87 model year and go with a voltmeter. (which is at least effective)

And have a charge indicator lamp.

Well, now I know! 💡

Only to drop ammeters entirely for the '87 model year and go with a voltmeter. (which is at least effective)

And have a charge indicator lamp.

Yes, the voltmeter and charge indicator lamp is the best solution. I've looked more than one to see how easy it would be to put a charge indicator lamp in an ammeter hole on the Bullnose gauges, but it wouldn't be easy. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Yes, the voltmeter and charge indicator lamp is the best solution. I've looked more than one to see how easy it would be to put a charge indicator lamp in an ammeter hole on the Bullnose gauges, but it wouldn't be easy. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I'd like to thank you guys, I went to the pull a part here in Jacksonville and found the end of c610 connector. Got home cleaned it all up and we have power! I at least have brake lights now, headlights work but previous owners put a 25 amp fuse in there so I swapped it out and it blows as soon as I turn on the lights. So I'll have to figure out whats going on there. I wanted to give an update and a thank you for the help and the site! 20210523_191918.jpg.eb4f24cd90be11b6d00d1f4a1f0383af.jpg

I'd like to thank you guys, I went to the pull a part here in Jacksonville and found the end of c610 connector. Got home cleaned it all up and we have power! I at least have brake lights now, headlights work but previous owners put a 25 amp fuse in there so I swapped it out and it blows as soon as I turn on the lights. So I'll have to figure out whats going on there. I wanted to give an update and a thank you for the help and the site!

Excellent! Glad you figured that much out. It is one layer at a time peeling these onions, but pretty soon you'll have enough to have a Bloomin' Onion! :nabble_anim_claps:

I'd like to thank you guys, I went to the pull a part here in Jacksonville and found the end of c610 connector. Got home cleaned it all up and we have power! I at least have brake lights now, headlights work but previous owners put a 25 amp fuse in there so I swapped it out and it blows as soon as I turn on the lights. So I'll have to figure out whats going on there. I wanted to give an update and a thank you for the help and the site!

Maybe one of those missing marker lights is grounding out?

I have a feeling you'll be following a bunch of harness to rectify whatever the previous owner did.

It's great you were able to get a good section of harness at the junkyard. V:nabble_smiley_good:

Maybe one of those missing marker lights is grounding out?

I have a feeling you'll be following a bunch of harness to rectify whatever the previous owner did.

It's great you were able to get a good section of harness at the junkyard. V:nabble_smiley_good:

Great! Coming together!