Bullnose Forums

Site Organization Thoughts

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked at it with both my Desk top and my Kindle with no problems.

This post is to wrap up this discussion. Not "close it down", but give you the answer to which I've come.

After thinking about this at length I believe we should keep the previous format of placing each section of the factory service manual on the page relevant to that topic. For instance, the FSM section on the 300 six will continue to be on the page at Documentation/Engines/300 Six along with everything else we know about that engine including illustrations, part numbers, specifications, information about the carb spacer, and thoughts on compression ratios. These topic-specific pages will provide users an all-in-one location for each topic so they won't have to go searching for information.

Not only will that be helpful to the user, it will mean a lot less work for me as I won't need to create the index with hot links to all of the sections. And I won't need to move a whole bunch of things around to accommodate a new format.

So thanks for your help in thinking this through. I think we've come to the best solution.

This post is to wrap up this discussion. Not "close it down", but give you the answer to which I've come.

After thinking about this at length I believe we should keep the previous format of placing each section of the factory service manual on the page relevant to that topic. For instance, the FSM section on the 300 six will continue to be on the page at Documentation/Engines/300 Six along with everything else we know about that engine including illustrations, part numbers, specifications, information about the carb spacer, and thoughts on compression ratios. These topic-specific pages will provide users an all-in-one location for each topic so they won't have to go searching for information.

Not only will that be helpful to the user, it will mean a lot less work for me as I won't need to create the index with hot links to all of the sections. And I won't need to move a whole bunch of things around to accommodate a new format.

So thanks for your help in thinking this through. I think we've come to the best solution.

Sounds good! :nabble_smiley_good: