Bullnose Forums

help with door seal

Same issue - the doors do not go in all the way. I had door panels out at the time, so I adjusted my strikers to work with the new seals through the latch. Takes proper sized star bit and some extensions. But gets the door double latched with the seals in place. Will need adjusting later. The seals are working great - no wind noise. But doors stick out. I can live with it on mine for now.

When I bought the truck, someone in its past had wrapped the posts with a LOT of duct tape til the strikers worked? Idk. But I have removed all that and adjusted them. Still don't have the plastic sleeves, but the later posts with the bail on them. What do the plastic sleeves do, anyway?

Doors still stick out a month later. Driver is pretty easy to shut now.

Passenger door still takes some effort, since it hasn't been used as much. And slamming it has made my speaker wires come loose I think. Getting some static. May have to re-evaluate telling my son to slam it. He really goes to town on that. I always leave at least one window cracked to help alleviate the air cushion.

Don't these Bullnose trucks have vents or drains in the doors?

Good idea to leave a window cracked.

Even with the louvers in a Bullnose door I blew my windshield off its seal.

I do wonder sometimes when I see people making new water shields and taping them in all around, where the air is going to go.

I suppose those who have kick vents open won't run into this.

Back on topic: My door gaskets took quite a while before they relaxed enough for the doors to close properly.

I think the foam is either denser or thicker than factory.