Bullnose Forums

Chassis grafting ...

If you can figure out where to get the 5.8" difference in wheel base and how to keep the 19"(?) longer cab from hitting the regular cab frame, I'm sure it will work.

What I was saying was that even if you had a super cab/short bed frame from a 2wd 150 your engine and suspension components are incompatible with the crossmember and spring mounting.

Well Gary and Mr Ard Wkn Truck have weighed in with the facts needed. My idea is a no-go. It was fun for a day though. I didn't compare my 86 eclb with this sclb. The new truck is still on the trailer getting cleaned up.

I don't know if it's just this area of Texas, but we often say sc for single cab, ec for extended, cc for crew. We also tend to say cab, cab and 1/2, or double cab. We don't bring food to the bbq, we brang it. There are no quads here, they're 4wheelers. The list is endless. It was fun moving here.

Thanks guys

Well Gary and Mr Ard Wkn Truck have weighed in with the facts needed. My idea is a no-go. It was fun for a day though. I didn't compare my 86 eclb with this sclb. The new truck is still on the trailer getting cleaned up.

I don't know if it's just this area of Texas, but we often say sc for single cab, ec for extended, cc for crew. We also tend to say cab, cab and 1/2, or double cab. We don't bring food to the bbq, we brang it. There are no quads here, they're 4wheelers. The list is endless. It was fun moving here.

Thanks guys

Sorry to hear - My idea is a no-go

What made you give up aboot doing it ?

People have put SuperCabs on a regular cab frame. It either requires about a 3" body lift to get the rear of the cab on top of the kicked up frame, or else channeling the rear of the cab to get it to sit down over the frame rails. Both get a little hokey, but it's not impossible.

And Ford did make F-250 SuperCab short beds starting in about '95 through '97. So not exactly what you're looking for, but the frames at least are really close.

For what it's worth, Texas isn't the only place that calls SuperCabs extended cab. That's the Chevy name for it, and since Chevy is the second largest truck manufacturer, and since their extended cab was introduced a few years after Ford'd SuperCab, the Chevy language sort of dominates the market. (Wait a minute, who's the LARGEST truck manufacturer that came out with that size cab first, and why doesn't THEIR language dominate the market?)

I'm not sure how official "regular cab" is for Fords. But when people who are used to texting on a 10-key are trying to abbreviate everything, "SC" was already taken for "SuperCab" so they needed a different letter for the standard, er, single, I mean regular cab.

I think the close to 6" of wheelbase that's missing from a "regular" styleside 133" is going to be an issue.

Unless you choose to go with rear tank only and find 6" to cut out the front of a short bed.

Bob, I can see how the cab would work with enough body lift, but somehow you need to get the wheels close to center in the arches.

Maybe it would be better to cut down a crew cab 155" wb frame to 138.8"?

Either option is not using much of this new truck.

I think the close to 6" of wheelbase that's missing from a "regular" styleside 133" is going to be an issue.

Unless you choose to go with rear tank only and find 6" to cut out the front of a short bed.

Bob, I can see how the cab would work with enough body lift, but somehow you need to get the wheels close to center in the arches.

Maybe it would be better to cut down a crew cab 155" wb frame to 138.8"?

Either option is not using much of this new truck.

Damn, Jim, when did a crew cab lose 13" of wheelbase? Darth is 168" wheelbase, 155" was super cab and 133" single cab. all with the 8' bed. That was why when I put the fuel tanks and lines from the 1990 F250 I had to add 35" of fuel line and evaporative system along with adding 35" to the front of the chassis harness in order to get everything connected.

Damn, Jim, when did a crew cab lose 13" of wheelbase? Darth is 168" wheelbase, 155" was super cab and 133" single cab. all with the 8' bed. That was why when I put the fuel tanks and lines from the 1990 F250 I had to add 35" of fuel line and evaporative system along with adding 35" to the front of the chassis harness in order to get everything connected.

:nabble_smiley_blush: Sorry.... Super Cab Long Bed

A crew cab frame would be a lot to cut out. But I guess it would leave you with enough to plate the graft.

Thanks guys

RenoHuskerDu

Was this one of those -- It sounded like a good idea when I was high --

We've all been there