Bullnose Forums

Buying new Bullnose seats?

Has anyone bought new seats instead of swapping some out from a newer model truck? If so, where’d you get em from? I was thinking about getting these new seats: https://www.qualitex.com/qualitex-american-classic-low-back-40-20-40.html

Apparently they sell all the conversions to bolt into bench/bucket seat supports. Currently the PO of the truck put in bucket seats, so in theory, all I have to do is buy the seats and also buy the bucket seat attachments?

Also, what year seats, and from what other vehicles can I put in my truck?

I havent, I have been on the look out for the OE bench seat to swap back in my truck.

But I was looking at these bench seats which I could get custom made local to me but they are $1,400 - $1,800.

31059474_184065945568600_4727862057695707136_n.jpg.43df0e0a653ad3f9cae9c92c985844ee.jpg

They basically would make them any way you want but for the cost I could come out cheaper with a OE bench seat and have a local upholstry shop cover it in custom leather.

I've looked at the qualitex seats. Nice if you can spare the change. I can't right now. Just called 2 upholstery shops that said $300 - $600 to restore back to original type seat. That is also repairing the cushion and metal in backs. But that was soft quotes - they wanted to see it - understandable. And would depend on what coverings.

Wife says she has a tote full of black binder clips at work - I have a couple holding the saddle blanket on where the straps broke off - we may just clip the crap out of that and get the AC fixed first.

I would assume that 1980 - 1996 Ford seats would fit pretty easily. Others with a little work? ANYTHING will fit if you have the skillz or cash to pay someone to fab it.

I swear though, I really like my plain lowback bench. Other than no cupholders. HAven't bought a console yet.

I swear though, I really like my plain low back bench. Other than no cup holders. HAven't bought a console yet.

I also like the low back its all about that era when safety be damned LOL

As for the cup holders I get my drinks in bottles with screw on caps.

Besides with a stick trans there's not much time to be drinking.

I dont like any of the consoles I have seen. If on the seat it takes up to much room, shifter on the floor so cant go there and same for the front of seat, shifter will hit it.

Dave ----

I swear though, I really like my plain low back bench. Other than no cup holders. HAven't bought a console yet.

I also like the low back its all about that era when safety be damned LOL

As for the cup holders I get my drinks in bottles with screw on caps.

Besides with a stick trans there's not much time to be drinking.

I dont like any of the consoles I have seen. If on the seat it takes up to much room, shifter on the floor so cant go there and same for the front of seat, shifter will hit it.

Dave ----

LOL. yep low back bench is retro now. I have a stainless coffee cup that I bring in morning and usually a go cup after lunch from a restaurant. The pockets in front edge of saddle blanket cover will hold them but not very securely.

I was using the centerhole of the spare for the lunch go cup when it was laying down, just to get from lunch back to work. I have it standing up now, so used the pocket last week. It will hold but very hard to get drink back in after a stoplight. I do know that my floor mats will contain a large amount of coffee without spilling on carpet.

I had a console in the 92 Dakota I had that worked well. middle belt holds it in place. The Dakota was a 5 spd as well. Armrest and cupholder. And I usually had a child's car seat in the dakota too. We had enough room and it cleared shifter in all gears with seat at back where I had to have it for me. This thing used to be like $20 -30. Not anymore.

https://www.campingworld.com/clutter-catcher-bench-seat-console-65219.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=%7bCampaign%7d&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4cOEBhDMARIsAA3XDRgdmAxSsglYrrsJbwzq8qHPCQ0i3pTcbHqaXr2z95ebEoFY-eb_qvEaAsunEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I Just called 2 upholstery shops that said $300 - $600 to restore back to original type seat. That is also repairing the cushion and metal in backs. But that was soft quotes - they wanted to see it - understandable. And would depend on what coverings.

Just had my later (94ish?) humpback seat that's in my 81 redone in vinyl for $480 out the door, so that sounds right in the range. Asked them to make it look fairly stock-ish. I think they did a good job. The lighting in the picture sucks but you can kind of get an idea.

IMG_2879.thumb.jpg.79be927dfc8c459642f75964280dbcf3.jpg

I Just called 2 upholstery shops that said $300 - $600 to restore back to original type seat. That is also repairing the cushion and metal in backs. But that was soft quotes - they wanted to see it - understandable. And would depend on what coverings.

Just had my later (94ish?) humpback seat that's in my 81 redone in vinyl for $480 out the door, so that sounds right in the range. Asked them to make it look fairly stock-ish. I think they did a good job. The lighting in the picture sucks but you can kind of get an idea.

That would suit me. Looks nice.

I guess a good idea would be to ravage my local junk yard and find an old beat up bench seat and bring it to get reupholstered!

Otherwise I was thinking of taking out my back bench seat (original) and putting it in the front seat. I like the idea of having that space in the back for odds and ends, groceries, etc., that I don’t want to put in the bed. Would that work as well? I’m guessing the back bench seats will just plug and play if I were to install them in the front seat instead of my beat up buckets?

According to the PO, he had to modify the truck a little to fit the current bucket seats, but I’m guessing the original bench seat holes would still be there.

I guess a good idea would be to ravage my local junk yard and find an old beat up bench seat and bring it to get reupholstered!

Otherwise I was thinking of taking out my back bench seat (original) and putting it in the front seat. I like the idea of having that space in the back for odds and ends, groceries, etc., that I don’t want to put in the bed. Would that work as well? I’m guessing the back bench seats will just plug and play if I were to install them in the front seat instead of my beat up buckets?

According to the PO, he had to modify the truck a little to fit the current bucket seats, but I’m guessing the original bench seat holes would still be there.

I haven't done it or looked at one personally (CrewCabs are very uncommon here) but I recall from some research awhile back that a guy on FTE had a rear bench out of a later 80's truck in his regular cab bullnose.

If you do it and get a definitive answer that will be good info for Gary to add to his Seat Interchange page. The page does mention that they reg cab and crew cab trucks shared the same floor pan but if we can specifically say the front and rear are a straight swap, that'll be nice.

Bill will probably know this off the top of his head. Tagging him.

I haven't done it or looked at one personally (CrewCabs are very uncommon here) but I recall from some research awhile back that a guy on FTE had a rear bench out of a later 80's truck in his regular cab bullnose.

If you do it and get a definitive answer that will be good info for Gary to add to his Seat Interchange page. The page does mention that they reg cab and crew cab trucks shared the same floor pan but if we can specifically say the front and rear are a straight swap, that'll be nice.

Bill will probably know this off the top of his head. Tagging him.

FWIW, the factory front and rear bench seats in the crew cabs are the same, the rear has the back tilt latch and adjuster mechanism. Since Darth had aftermarket front seats, I can't say if the back would tilt forward.