Bullnose Forums

F350 Gearing choices...

I like your thinking Gary. I am even eying the four rear studs that join the halves of the overdrive as possible points to mount a bracket.

I am leaning toward using the GVOD just because it is the path of least resistance. I don’t like it the best, and I am afraid once it is in place I won’t feel like replacing it with something else... but I am also leery of making so many obstacles for myself that the project will drag on several more years. This October will mark year 5 of being torn down which is absurd and ridiculous. This option needs nothing except a rear drive shaft because of the frame chop.

You are up early, Jonathan! :nabble_smiley_happy:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are up early, Jonathan! :nabble_smiley_happy:

It’s mid afternoon for us vampire graveyard workers 😎

Take it easy on the 5-year thing. But I do understand your concern about creating more obstacles to getting it done. You mean, like adding EFI to an already-running engine? :nabble_smiley_blush:

If you have 2 or 3 places you may be able to steady it, then hopefully one of them will actually work out. And it won't take a huge cross-member since you have the tranny cross-member that should do the bulk of the work. But it would be nice to steady the t-case and OD unit that are hung off the back of the tranny.

Take it easy on the 5-year thing. But I do understand your concern about creating more obstacles to getting it done. You mean, like adding EFI to an already-running engine? :nabble_smiley_blush:

If you have 2 or 3 places you may be able to steady it, then hopefully one of them will actually work out. And it won't take a huge cross-member since you have the tranny cross-member that should do the bulk of the work. But it would be nice to steady the t-case and OD unit that are hung off the back of the tranny.

Gary, I meant no offense with scope-creep bashing... I just have to be a little hard on myself to get some traction with this project. My life situation has dictated apartment living while my wife went through nursing school, so the trucks sit at my parents’ house. They are tolerant but I’m sure my personal junkyard is not their view of choice. Now that my wife is graduated, I am looking at either finishing the diesel to where I can move it under its own power, or having to move it as a project on jack stands. I vastly prefer option 1. So pay no attention, that’s just me trying to kick my own butt into gear... 4.10 gears... whatever I’ve got 😁

Gary, I meant no offense with scope-creep bashing... I just have to be a little hard on myself to get some traction with this project. My life situation has dictated apartment living while my wife went through nursing school, so the trucks sit at my parents’ house. They are tolerant but I’m sure my personal junkyard is not their view of choice. Now that my wife is graduated, I am looking at either finishing the diesel to where I can move it under its own power, or having to move it as a project on jack stands. I vastly prefer option 1. So pay no attention, that’s just me trying to kick my own butt into gear... 4.10 gears... whatever I’ve got 😁

LOL! I took no offense, whatsoever. But, I truly do understand. TRULY! Been there, are that.