Bullnose Forums

Interior paint color - blue.

Posting in the correct section now :)

I bought the blue colorbond paint from LMC. It is a couple of shades darker than the original blue in my Bronco and my F150. Are there any other options that may be closer to the original blue?

Thanks!

There's only one blue shown for '82 and another one for '85. So, you can find the SEM paint in Specifications/Body Codes/Interior Paint. But, as it says there, those colors have to be mixed at a store selling SEM, or by SEM itself and shipped to you.

Once again to the rescue!! Thank you! Now to find a SEM shop!!!

Once again to the rescue!! Thank you! Now to find a SEM shop!!!

To me, while this forum is small and you don't get a lot of different people helping - unlike some other forums, having it coupled with a resource like the website more than makes up for the size. :nabble_smiley_grin:

To me, while this forum is small and you don't get a lot of different people helping - unlike some other forums, having it coupled with a resource like the website more than makes up for the size. :nabble_smiley_grin:

I am hoping one day I can contribute to answers. I just don't have the experience yet!

Again, thanks to you all for the help!

I am hoping one day I can contribute to answers. I just don't have the experience yet!

Again, thanks to you all for the help!

Just a few years ago I was asking all the questions and getting help from many of these folks. You'll be surprised how quickly you are a guru.

Just a few years ago I was asking all the questions and getting help from many of these folks. You'll be surprised how quickly you are a guru.

Understand, paint vades. That blue might be closer to original than you think. I am sold on Colorbond. I have been using it for many years now. Nothing adheres better, hands down.

Understand, paint vades. That blue might be closer to original than you think. I am sold on Colorbond. I have been using it for many years now. Nothing adheres better, hands down.

I like SEM myself.

You can find it at auto body supply stores some times in a spray can on the shelf or they can mix it.

Some can put it in a spray can or pt/qt cans and you use a spray gun to apply it.

With anything prep is the BIG THING!

With inside parts I hit with a degreaser then I wash them with soap & hot water 2 to 3 times and degreaser again.

SEM also uses a bonding agent you put on first before painting.

As for colors not matching remember the old parts have been in the truck how long?

The sun / UV can change the color.

I have also seen some colors can be 2 or 3 different shades in the same car/truck depending on who makes the parts that are supplied.

If you want 1 color re-paint everything ;)

That is what I am doing but all the panels needed to be painted anyway.

Dave ----