Bullnose Forums

Found you through Ford Truck Enthusiast forum

hawkce541

Hello all,

I just purchased an '82 F250 to be my prepper/zombie truck. It's been well taken care of and heavily modified. I'm trying to figure out what all has been done to it. I have a receipt for a new cam and roller rockers, and I can see it has Edelbrock heads, intake, and carburetor. I'm fixing little problems as I find them. The title was a mess, which I finally got registered. It idles fine, but doesn't like going down the road very much. I just got my timing light yesterday, so that's the next step. The guy I bought it from said it needed a new carb (because the choke wouldn't work) and the transmission went out. So, I ran a power wire to the electric choke, put 5 qts of transmission fluid in it and drove it around the yard. Accidently left ruts in the yard when I thought the transmission was slipping. Nope! Tires were spinning. OOPS. Going to hear about that from the wife. The transmission IS leaking like a sieve, but it hooks up fine with fluid in it. Oh, it's got a C6 TCI transmission in it also, and the distributor has been upgraded to an HEI.

That's all I can think of for now,

Hawk

Welcome, Hawk! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Sounds like a wild truck that has a lot of potential. Hope you'll start a thread on it in the main section.

Where's home. We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you with a city/state or zip.

Welcome!

Welcome to the nuthouse! :nabble_waving_orig:

Is it coming out the pump seal?

I have no idea where it's coming from right now. I know almost 0 about transmissions. I need to get some degreaser in there to get a better look, but it steadily drips until it's empty.

Welcome, Hawk! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Sounds like a wild truck that has a lot of potential. Hope you'll start a thread on it in the main section.

Where's home. We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you with a city/state or zip.

I'm from Panama City, FL, but I've been stuck in Clarksville, TN since I got out of the Army in '99.