Bullnose Forums

Part Identification - What are these?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only issue is the brackets for the battery holder completely rusted and snapped off. Any tips on how to hold the battery down now?

Also, can anyone guide me to a video or something on how to get my passenger side valve cover off? Looks like a complete mess to get off to replace.

My only issue is the brackets for the battery holder completely rusted and snapped off. Any tips on how to hold the battery down now?

I'm not sure which pieces you are referring to, but I always recommend using the later battery holder, for two reasons. First, it doesn't sandwich metal with the plastic fender liner, which guarantees rust due to the moisture that stays in there. Second, it uses a completely different way to hold the battery down.

I'd go to a salvage and get the later holder, including the brace that goes down to the frame and the battery hold-downs. It should bolt onto your truck, but it will be very close to the starter relay so you may want to move it slightly.

Otherwise see if Jeff's Bronco Graveyard or one of the other vendors has the parts you need.

Also, can anyone guide me to a video or something on how to get my passenger side valve cover off? Looks like a complete mess to get off to replace.

I forgot the valve cover question. That's not that difficult. You'll have to pull the plug wires on that side, and if there are other electrical gadgets mounted near or on the cover you may have to remove their wiring. But take pics before so you know where the wires go.

Then pull the bolts and the valve cover should come off. But the bolts may be loose so you should try to snug them up before going to the trouble of pulling the cover. However, I said "snug". The valve cover is made of tin and will dent if you tighten the bolts too much. And when you get ready to re-install a tin valve cover you should check it for dents and remove them if there are any.

As for gaskets, Felpro makes one called Permadryplus that several here have used with good luck.

Sounds good to me!

Seriously, Vic, I can give you a page on the website to work on all by yourself.

To keep it simple, how about sticking a folder at the top of the forum entitled “What Part Is This? WPIT”. Observing previous and recent posts, including my own, it’s easier to continue as is.

My thought was to organize the information, like you have for Marketplace, Documentation, etc. I would like to create a form but it will take me a long time to complete.

To keep it simple, how about sticking a folder at the top of the forum entitled “What Part Is This? WPIT”. Observing previous and recent posts, including my own, it’s easier to continue as is.

My thought was to organize the information, like you have for Marketplace, Documentation, etc. I would like to create a form but it will take me a long time to complete.

It's documentation.

Why wouldn't you have it as another category under documentation????

Maybe not so long to complete it you just dedicate an hour or two a day.

Keep plugging away at it and you'll be finished in a few months time.