Bullnose Forums

Part Identification - What are these?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if anyone can link me to a part identification chart of everything under the hood that would be awesome.

Gary, you da man :nabble_anim_claps:

This illustration from the '81 EVTM shows that that's the MAP sensor and EEC power relay behind the battery.

9204023_orig.thumb.jpg.11f159dc3d9d81dc8a550d41c92a46f4.jpg

Single black with light green (#4) seems to be C105, at the ignition module.

3807214.thumb.jpg.b6cb2831edae97d235d5e04f20289c65.jpg

I'm thinking #5 is your horn relay. Although the '81 EVTM says it is mounted to the speed control amplifier...

7484615_orig.thumb.jpg.bddd9af5dae9706729028ffc947715b2.jpg

9981221_orig.thumb.jpg.1e43279c797f9861cd20fd203a18640c.jpg

This illustration from the '81 EVTM shows that that's the MAP sensor and EEC power relay behind the battery.

Single black with light green (#4) seems to be C105, at the ignition module.

I'm thinking #5 is your horn relay. Although the '81 EVTM says it is mounted to the speed control amplifier...

I think #5 is a trailer relay. It isn't shown in the '81 EVTM so it may be an '82 and later thing. But this is how it is shown in the '85 EVTM:

1985-etm-page72.thumb.jpg.b1b9e6d6b2b827364885f0f82d72660e.jpg

But, the thing next to it on the left is probably the auxiliary battery relay. Do you have an aux battery?

As for an page on everything under the hood, we don't have one. There are soooooo many different options depending on the year, the engine, which carb or EFI, and then if it is a CA/49-State/Canada truck that it would be next to impossible to create that page.

I think #5 is a trailer relay. It isn't shown in the '81 EVTM so it may be an '82 and later thing. But this is how it is shown in the '85 EVTM:

But, the thing next to it on the left is probably the auxiliary battery relay. Do you have an aux battery?

As for an page on everything under the hood, we don't have one. There are soooooo many different options depending on the year, the engine, which carb or EFI, and then if it is a CA/49-State/Canada truck that it would be next to impossible to create that page.

Interesting thread - I don't have some of these parts under my hood. Kinda afraid to ask questions or look too far. Truck runs 98% great and don't want to mess with that. I think all of my emissions stuff is gone. Just old school carbureted 302 with aftermarket one wire electronic ignition. NC doesn't require any sort of inspections after 35 years old. Not even a safety inspection! Scary to think about sometimes.

My truck does appear to have some speed control stuff under hood, but steering wheel is non cruise. Cable broken/cut at end of vacuum thing.

So I'm useless on this thread other than learning what some of the unidentified stuff is.

Also, if anyone can link me to a part identification chart of everything under the hood that would be awesome.

Gary, you da man :nabble_anim_claps:

You apparently have the EEC-III system, your distributor may have a strange cap and even stranger rotor. Look under the driver's side of the seat, there should be a computer under there.

You apparently have the EEC-III system, your distributor may have a strange cap and even stranger rotor. Look under the driver's side of the seat, there should be a computer under there.

It's a Cali truck.

I assume it has a VV carb too.

I wonder if that odd flat connector is the diagnostic or programming plug I've heard about but never seen? (I'm a long way from California! 😉)

Gary, numerous times I too thought how beneficial a page like this would be.

The members (and visitors) to this site possess a wealth of knowledge that collectively is unavailable anywhere else. I think it would be an absolute boon to your site if we pitch in and contribute with identifying each part.

Using the engine compartment as an example, ideally a photo of the engine compartment has clickable areas (using coordinates) allowing the user to zoom in to a specific area and drill down to the part. Agreed the multiple combinations of engine/trans/accessories etc. is complicated, but identifying the components could be possible, whether someone has the component or not. All we have to do is start.

To make this efficient, stick to the facts of the object e.g. part number, location, function, and perhaps what connects to it, what it connects to, where to find relevant information in the relevant EVTM (year). No superfluous text or photos are necessary, and standardize the text-based description and how photos are taken/presented e.g. quality of the photo (orientation, lighting) and size when uploading.

Maybe something like-

engine_bay_link.jpg.5e3b31dba3f4142d564c7437052bd10c.jpg

Item description (per the MPC, but include aka names for the item): Motor Assembly (Windshield Wiper), aka Wiper Motor

Core part number: 17508

80/82 F-U100/350 Before 1/82 - E0TZ17508B r/b E2TZ17508A

82/86 F-U100/350 From 1/82 - E2TZ17508A

No small undertaking for sure, but worth considering?

Gary, numerous times I too thought how beneficial a page like this would be.

The members (and visitors) to this site possess a wealth of knowledge that collectively is unavailable anywhere else. I think it would be an absolute boon to your site if we pitch in and contribute with identifying each part.

Using the engine compartment as an example, ideally a photo of the engine compartment has clickable areas (using coordinates) allowing the user to zoom in to a specific area and drill down to the part. Agreed the multiple combinations of engine/trans/accessories etc. is complicated, but identifying the components could be possible, whether someone has the component or not. All we have to do is start.

To make this efficient, stick to the facts of the object e.g. part number, location, function, and perhaps what connects to it, what it connects to, where to find relevant information in the relevant EVTM (year). No superfluous text or photos are necessary, and standardize the text-based description and how photos are taken/presented e.g. quality of the photo (orientation, lighting) and size when uploading.

Maybe something like-

Item description (per the MPC, but include aka names for the item): Motor Assembly (Windshield Wiper), aka Wiper Motor

Core part number: 17508

80/82 F-U100/350 Before 1/82 - E0TZ17508B r/b E2TZ17508A

82/86 F-U100/350 From 1/82 - E2TZ17508A

No small undertaking for sure, but worth considering?

That idea is awesome!

Gary, numerous times I too thought how beneficial a page like this would be.The members (and visitors) to this site possess a wealth of knowledge that collectively is unavailable anywhere else. I think it would be an absolute boon to your site if we pitch in and contribute with identifying each part. Using the engine compartment as an example, ideally a photo of the engine compartment has clickable areas (using coordinates) allowing the user to zoom in to a specific area and drill down to the part. Agreed the multiple combinations of engine/trans/accessories etc. is complicated, but identifying the components could be possible, whether someone has the component or not. All we have to do is start.To make this efficient, stick to the facts of the object e.g. part number, location, function, and perhaps what connects to it, what it connects to, where to find relevant information in the relevant EVTM (year). No superfluous text or photos are necessary, and standardize the text-based description and how photos are taken/presented e.g. quality of the photo (orientation, lighting) and size when uploading. Maybe something like-Location: Firewall, top middle Item description (per the MPC, but include aka names for the item): Motor Assembly (Windshield Wiper), aka Wiper MotorCore part number: 1750880/82 F-U100/350 Before 1/82 - E0TZ17508B r/b E2TZ17508A82/86 F-U100/350 From 1/82 - E2TZ17508ANo small undertaking for sure, but worth considering?
Would something like this work? You can click on the blue box to be taken to info about that item.

This is from our page at Documentation/Interior/Interior Trim and then the Bronco tab as the Regular Cab tab appears to be broken. Anyway, is something like that what you had in mind?