Bullnose Forums

AFR meters

If you mean AEM instead of AME, then I have some experience. I have their Failsafe AFR and I've not been too impressed with it. In the testing I've done it seemed to be reading quite lean. In one case it showed the AFR to be 17:1 and yet the engine was running nicely when it should have been bucking badly.

Later I talked to Adam at Core Tuning and he said in their experience the AEM gauges aren't very accurate and recommended the Innovate line. According to him they tested a number of AFR meters against some very high dollar lab equipment and the Innovate always came out on top.

I have been looking at the AME 30-4110 kit. Anyone have any experience with this company's products? What units are you using? Thanks Rodger

I'm running the AEM 30-4110 in my 1984 and I've been happy with it. Mine seems to be pretty accurate, so I have no complaints with it. Maybe the accuracy depends on the application or installation, I don't know. I've got mine very close to the engine...right at the limit.

I'm running the AEM 30-4110 in my 1984 and I've been happy with it. Mine seems to be pretty accurate, so I have no complaints with it. Maybe the accuracy depends on the application or installation, I don't know. I've got mine very close to the engine...right at the limit.

The 17:1 ratio Gary mentioned was on a 4.9L six with the sending unit located in the factory position for the O2 sensor.

The 17:1 ratio Gary mentioned was on a 4.9L six with the sending unit located in the factory position for the O2 sensor.

Ahh, ok, understood. I had a hiccup with mine when I first received it (faulty unit) but AEM sent me a brand new one pronto, and I had it within a few days. Mine has been reading accurately all along, so I really have no complaints with it. I probably don't even need the thing, but I like having it there just to confirm that all is well.

Ahh, ok, understood. I had a hiccup with mine when I first received it (faulty unit) but AEM sent me a brand new one pronto, and I had it within a few days. Mine has been reading accurately all along, so I really have no complaints with it. I probably don't even need the thing, but I like having it there just to confirm that all is well.

Thank you all for the response's.

Thank you all for the response's.

My AEM meter is working fine as it showed me the carb was bad LOL

Now that I have gone back over the carb it is running a lot better now.

I would like to lean it out just a little bit more but I hate to get in and wind out messing it up.

This is on my 300 six with EFI manifolds & Y pipe with the O2 in the factory spot in the y pipe.

Dave ----