Bullnose Forum

Where to get new wheels?

Yup, here’s the 1982 catalog and I do in fact have the 16.5 x 6 rims as far as this is saying.

So from my research, I can just get a 16x8 with the 8x6.5 bolt pattern correct? Or would that width rim start to cause the tire to rub?

You need to make sure the rim is lug centric, not hub centric.

And you need to watch the backspace.

My 7" rims only kiss the springs with stock tires.

Your other option would be to further limit turn angle by building up the steering stops.

What I often do on older trucks is buy adapters so I can run more recent wheels of which you have an ample supply to choose from. Young guys want flashy rims and tires on their new pickups, and the dealer keeps the stockers to sell as "take-offs" which is a great deal. Also, look on fleabay and amazon market.

Lenny Stahl at Motorsport Tech can build you any adapter you want, and his prices are reasonable. He builds many name brand adapters that other sell, has been in the biz for decades. Tell him Reno sent you.

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/specialss/truck/ford_s

Example: 2017 34" tires on 20" take-offs going on our 2000 SD

So from what I understand from what you’re saying is that I’d be able to run any 8x6.5” lug wheel on these spacers, but the main thing the spacers do is allow bigger tires not to rub?

Thanks for the help!

So from what I understand from what you’re saying is that I’d be able to run any 8x6.5” lug wheel on these spacers, but the main thing the spacers do is allow bigger tires not to rub?

Thanks for the help!

Adapters allow you to run any pattern that clears the hubs.

(They will widen your track a little bit too)

But you can adapt to later 17 or 20" rims if you like.

Joe from NJ was looking to put a set of metric pattern Lightning wheels on his truck.

He could do that with adapters.

But you have to remain mindful of your hub diameters when choosing a wheel.

(I'm assuming you have a D60 rear axle?)

To be honest I have no idea. I’d have to de code that when I get home (I’m at the firehouse).

I’ve found a bunch of wheels on LesSchwab that apparently fit a 1982 F250 (8x6.5” bolt pattern) but I just feel like there is so much to consider as far as fitment on these trucks I’m scared to pull the trigger.

I wonder if driving to a wheel shop near me and asking them for an assessment is the way to go at this point...

To be honest I have no idea. I’d have to de code that when I get home (I’m at the firehouse).

I’ve found a bunch of wheels on LesSchwab that apparently fit a 1982 F250 (8x6.5” bolt pattern) but I just feel like there is so much to consider as far as fitment on these trucks I’m scared to pull the trigger.

I wonder if driving to a wheel shop near me and asking them for an assessment is the way to go at this point...

Do you want me to measure my extra set of stock 16x6 wheels so you know the approximate measurements as far as the backspace and hub bore? I can help you a little better if I know what you're really looking for. As said, there are a lot of options, but I'm fairly certain we can get you dialed.

Do you want me to measure my extra set of stock 16x6 wheels so you know the approximate measurements as far as the backspace and hub bore? I can help you a little better if I know what you're really looking for. As said, there are a lot of options, but I'm fairly certain we can get you dialed.

I mean that would be awesome!

I’m looking for something like what Gary’s Big Blue has but I was thinking chrome instead:

3E51B53A-2795-45EA-9C23-3D7E8852F1E2.jpeg.285b9138920c7039f94e9805193c3b10.jpeg

I mean that would be awesome!

I’m looking for something like what Gary’s Big Blue has but I was thinking chrome instead:

Those wheels are Wheel Vintiques 82-680804 16 in.x 8 in., 8 x 6.5 in. Bolt Circle, 4 in. Backspace.

Thanks Gary! The tires clear fine with stock lift?

How reliable is CarID, because according to them I have a BUNCH of wheel options that are a “guaranteed fit”?

The tires cleared fine before I put the D60 and RSK on, meaning with stock F250 4wd suspension.

And I bought my stereo via CarID and it worked great. But that was the first time I'd used them so I, too, was nervous.

The tires cleared fine before I put the D60 and RSK on, meaning with stock F250 4wd suspension.

And I bought my stereo via CarID and it worked great. But that was the first time I'd used them so I, too, was nervous.

And the tires are Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx LT285/75R16.